MK3 no output

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.
Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I had also some problems when I had the Indivision AGA MK3 in the begin.

Some errors like no hardware found, bad picture. This was with the original A1200 PSU.

Then I bought a PSU from a Polish company, did't have a problem for 1 week...

After 1 week again the same problems, and than on a day... that new PSU was blown up after using for about 20 minutes that day. End of life for that Polish PSU.

At last, I bought in August of this year the CA-PSU from Jens and now 4 months later, didn't have any problems so far.

It's maybe not the cheapest PSU on the market, but it's the best I ever used.

A1200 Rev2B // SanDisk CF64GB HDD // Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882 50 Mhz // Indivision AGA MK3 // CA-PSU // BenQ BL702a // Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6a // ACA500+ // SanDisk CF16GB HDD // ACA1221lc // Indivision ECS V2 // CA-PSU

• Thanks for the positive referral - Mr. Toast won't help this, as he's in the US, and the 110V version of CA-PSU is not yet available. It'll have to be a rebuilt original Commodore PSU, at least the output cap should be exchanged, and voltage should be adjusted to be within 1% deviation on the board, under load.

• OK, it was worth a shot. Recapped the PSU with ultra-low ESR Panasonics on the larger caps and the rest were Wurth for the smaller ones. Tested it without load and verified operational before putting it in the A1200. Once powering the A1200, I adjusted the 5V rail as perfectly as I can on an un-calibrated meter under load.

Exact same outcome: Rescue disk works, warm boot to gorgeous display. On cold boot, I get hardware not found,

Is it possible I just have a bad unit? I can only think of the flash RAM failing as to why reprogramming would temporarily work and not a power nuance.

• Configuration of the FPGA always goes through the flash chip. There is no way that the software can push code directly into the FPGA. So the chip would have to remember it's content directly after flashing, but not after power-cycling - almost like RAM does. I haven't heard of such a defect before, but there's always a "first".

Given the long distance and your obvious soldering skills, would you be willing to give a new flash chip a try? The flash chip is the only 8-pin chip next to the socket. If you feel confident enough to exchange that, I can ship out a new chip today, otherwise I'd just ask you to send the unit back to us after reading this article.

• Given the long distance and your obvious soldering skills, would you be willing to give a new flash chip a try? The flash chip is the only 8-pin chip next to the socket. If you feel confident enough to exchange that, I can ship out a new chip today, otherwise I'd just ask you to send the unit back to us after reading this article.

Yes, I have the skills and tools to swap the chip out. I can rework everything except BGAs.

Let's give this a shot.

• Let's give this a shot.

Too late for a shipment today, but I'll ship one with tomorrow's mail. This side of the pond is six hours ahead :-)

If you have your customer ID (K-number on the invoice) or the order ID at hand, I can prepare the paperwork today.

• My order number for this was 81634

I do not see any other unique identifiers on the email invoice received. The order date was August 8th if that helps.

No worries about the delays. Yes, the time difference presents some challenges!