Copy floppy to SD card

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello developers!

I bought a TC64V2 on 02/07/2019, order number 51696.

I found several boxes of floppy disks that I would like to copy to an SD card. How can I do this? I tried connecting the 1541-II floppy with a Mini IEC cable in stand-alone mode, and also tried plugging the TC64V2 into the C64. Chameleon does not see the floppy drive. I can't scan the directory with it. If I use it with a C64 it works, so the floppy drive is good. I'm not doing something right. I'm sure there must be some setup problem, but I don't know what. I need a step-by-step description of what to do and how to do it. My other question would be, if I write a program in basic, where can I set it to save it on an SD card?

Thank you in advance for the answer.

I found several boxes of floppy disks that I would like to copy to an SD card. How can I do this? I tried connecting the 1541-II floppy with a Mini IEC cable in stand-alone mode, and also tried plugging the TC64V2 into the C64. Chameleon does not see the floppy drive. I can't scan the directory with it. If I use it with a C64 it works, so the floppy drive is good. I'm not doing something right. I'm sure there must be some setup problem, but I don't know what. I need a step-by-step description of what to do and how to do it.

That sounds like you have an emulated drive active on the same drive number - that doesn't work. So go to settings, use "restore defaults", then try again. If it still doesn't work, go to the settings and in the drive settings, set "IEC bus connection" to "external computer". That should let you use the real drive (usually using device address 8). Now to copy disks to the sd card, set an emulated drive to device id 9, and copy from the real drive to the emulated drive (see the manual for details)

My other question would be, if I write a program in basic, where can I set it to save it on an SD card?

Just like above, enable an emulated drive, mount a disk image, and then use that from BASIC.