P96 V3.4.1 released

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • The new version V3.4.1 contains new drivers for the GBA-PII++ and VA2000 cards, and it makes installation on UAE a lot easier. Further, the driver for the A2410 "Tiga" card has been updated and overlays for the Picasso IV card have been fixed. Support for the Altais card for Draco machines has been improved, and P96Prefs also got an update. Please find all detailed update notes in the Wiki article about P96.

Unfortunately, this current shop system has been giving us a hard time lately, with lots of problems during the order process, and even more problems when we tried to update the downloadable files. Last night's downtime of the shop was caused by a total breakdown of the database and the requirement to restore a backup. In order not to delay the release of this version any longer, we kindly ask all customers to be patient, as we're rolling out this version via eMail. Everyone who has ordered this year will get an eMail from us pro-actively with the latest version as an attachment.

Those customers who are still in the free update period, please reply to your confirmation eMail (so we have the order ID in the subject line) and simply state that you'd like to update to the latest version - we'll reply with the lha and adf/zip archives attached.

We're really sorry for the inconvenience. Searching for a new shop system that has similar functionality and an easy learning curve has proven to be really difficult - we've just given up on yet another system and will start evaluating the next.

• Hi Jens,

Are you still having problems with some web mail providers? I know it's not iComp's fault but I think my provider is on the naughty list (Microsoft), so I probably won't get the e-mail. Will there be another way to get the new version of P96 if I and others like me wait for a while? It's no problem for me to wait.

Thanks in advance,

Nuttie. :)

• Hi, but the new versions are not found in the Order History section?

• Microsoft did take us off the black list after we've jumped through the loops they've put up. I'd still recommend to change eMail providers.

Hi, but the new versions are not found in the Order History section?

Not any more - the shop system is just falling apart, as described in the news item.

Jens

• Microsoft did take us off the black list after we've jumped through the loops they've put up. I'd still recommend to change eMail providers.

Not any more - the shop system is just falling apart, as described in the news item.

Jens

Hi, so how do we get new releases?

• Are Emails still being sent out to customers? I ask because I did not receive any yet?

I'm usually not working on weekends, but I did send out updates today. I did pro-actively send out to all customers who have bought in January '24 and December '23, but I didn't go back any further. Lots of people did send me requests for the new version, and I can very quickly answer with the new version if the 6-digit order ID is in the subject line.

If you did request the update, but didn't get an answer yet, please also check your spam folder.

Jens

• All I need is the order ID, so you can also log in, get the 6-digit order ID and send that to me via eMail (not via direct message in this forum!).

Jens

• As I wrote in the article, I have only sent pro-active eMails to customers who purchased in January or December. If you want the update, please reply to the confirmation eMail, and I'll answer with the update.

Jens

• I beg to differ - you have two eMails, one confirmation e-Mail and another one with the invoice. Publishing the msg-IDs would reveal (part of) your eMail address, so I won't do that.

Look out for the eMail with the update - it's out now. You may find it in your spam folder, together with the other two e-Mails.

Jens

• I did not get the update via email (checked spam!)

You shouldn't get it pro-actively, because August 2023 is not "this year" (please do read the article!). Please reply to the eMail you've gotten from the shop system, or to the eMail you've gotten with the invoice.

The reason I'm not going through all orders one year back is that eMail addresses change quite often. I do check if they are the same and ask back if there's things that don't add up. Either way, you'll have your update, but you need to contact me directly.

Jens