Is my card faulty?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

2 weeks ago I bought an Indivision MK3 card for my second Amiga 1200.

I'm very satisfied with the first one, with which I've never had any problems.

Unfortunately, with this new one, I can't get a stable image at all.

I've tried it on 3 different HDMI screens, and in the meantime I've even bought the "Amiga Boost PSU" from www.c64psu.com.

The OSD is displayed correctly but the image behind still flickers.

I tried the recovery floppy but the result is the same.

Even the boot menu with the original configuration flickers and drools a bit.

I can't get anything stable with the IndivisionAGAmk3 tool.

What can I try?

Could the product be defective?

Thanks in advance.

some screen shots attached :

• and in the meantime I've even bought the "Amiga Boost PSU" from http://www.c64psu.com

THose are known-bad, as the Meanwell chassis does not know anything about the long cable between source and sink. Read more about PSU problems in our PSU FAQ.

The cyan bleeding you see indicate a bad HDMI cable. Please exchange that first, then check if the ribbon cable is damaged or routed near an EMI source. Also, push down on the ribbon cable connections.

Jens

• Hello,

I changed the HDMI cable and used the ribbon cable from my other 1200 without success.

I decided to remove the Indivision of my other Amiga to try it and I have exactly the same problem on this Amiga!

So I think it's this 1200 that's got the problem, and I don't want to fight to get the Indivision working on it.

The worst thing is that when I put the Indivision back on my first 1200, the socket broke! (see photo)

I consolidated it with a plastic clamp and it still works.

In short, I'm at a bit of a loss... So, is it possible for you to take back the last Indivision I bought and to arrange for an after-sales return to repair my first one?

Thank you in advance.

• So, is it possible for you to take back the last Indivision I bought and to arrange for an after-sales return to repair my first one?

Depending on when you've bought it, you may even still have the right of revocation, where I'm even refunding the shipping cost for the direction "to you".

Just pack everything up and send it here. I'm all for repairing instead of buying new, and I won't let you sit on a piece of hardware that you can't use.

Jens

• Good evening,

I bought the last one on 30.10.23 (order 139335) and received it on 03.11.23.

As it didn't work in this Amiga, I immediately thought of a power supply problem. So I ordered a new power supply before re-testing. You know the rest...

I'll be very happy if you accept this return.

Can you tell me the exact procedure for this return and for getting the first one repaired?

Thank you in advance.

• Hints for returns: If you need to return something to iComp for service...

Just include both units, all cables, original boxes and so on, don't forget a letter, so my employees know what to do with the parts.

When the repair is done, I'll send an invoice. There will be no charge for an unsuccessful repair, and you will get a quote before the actual repair is done, so you can decide if you want to go ahead with the repair or not.

Jens

• Repair has been finished today, but I'm still on the monthly VAT declaration, which is due today. I'll eMail you with the details either today, or early tomorrow.

Jens