Indivision AGA MK2cr freezes the Amiga after OS bootup

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

A couple of days ago I sold my brand new, never used Indi AGA MK2cr. The person who bought the card is experiencing odd behaviors. The OS freezes 3 minutes after bootup or it gives him random Guru errors. This is how the Workbench screen looks like:

(link removed - no external hosters, please)

He also tried to play some games booted from the FDD, and the Amiga locks up after 1-2 minutes.

His Amiga is equiped with TF1260 card. He is using Amiga OS 3.2.1. The Amiga is powered with a stock Commodore power supply. I asked him to remove the TF card, but there is no possitive effect. He pointed out that the area near Xilinx chip is very hot. He put a small radiator on top of the Xilinx chip, but it didn't help. He brushed and cleaned Lisa chip with Isopropanol, has timing fixes applied to the 2B motherboard.

What might be the couse of this problem? I hope that none of the components are dead.

• This may just be a bad contact - the display does show that all the basics are working (CPLD, FPGA, RAM and the DVI encoder), so the most likely cause is power and contact problems. Many first-time users are just too shy to push the card all the way down on Lisa.

• Well, pushing the card all the way down didn't help. Also, after powering the Amiga with a new PSU we still experience lockups and Guru errors. The PSU is an Amigastore.eu one. We get lockups and guru errors only when the card is warm. After a cold start it's working for a couple of minutes until it gets warm. A reset often results in a Guru error. Please see the photos: (link removed - no external hosters, please).

• Also, after powering the Amiga with a new PSU we still experience lockups and Guru errors.

That sounds like a new, but unsuitable PSU. Please read our PSU FAQ to find out if you've been a victim of false advertising.

The PSU is an Amigastore.eu one.

Unless they substantially changed the design, this is unsuitable. Send it back for a refund. Advertising this as "for Amiga" is plain wrong. Reasons given in our FAQ. Oh, and it was the reason why we don't work with amigastore any more.

Fot pictures, please register on this forum and upload them here. No external hosters, please.

• Hello Jens

I'm buyer. I did my test with 2 PSU. Orginal amiga 1200 black PSU and this new called A-Power from amiga store.( but bought locally)

Everything during my tests was unppluged with exception of fdd and indi mk2cr.

Its not a random crashes. When gets hot expirencing constant crashes until cooldown.

• Just because you're attempting to use "a different" PSU doesn't mean you're excluding the PSU as a cause. Knowing that one of the PSUs you've tried is technically not suitable for an expanded Amiga, and you're not even considering the technical information I'm giving, I'll have to halt things here until you come to your senses.

What I'm doing here is trying to help you. I provide factual, technical information. If you're throwing back non-technical BS at me, you can't expect a positive outcome. I'm working here. I work for you, although you didn't pay me. So at least pay some respect.

• But I also have a original A1200 PSU ( 3A in 5V rail) and acording your FAQ page should be enough to start amiga even with turbo card ( which I unplugged for test)

"plain Amiga 500, 600 or 1200 requires a bit over 2A on the 5V rail to operate. Even with Indivision AGA MK2 and a 68030 accelerator, this is hardly going beyond 2.6A, so a 3A power supply is mostly sufficient. However, with ripple and insufficient voltage regulation (see above), you should give it some regulation head room and go for a higher rating"

• Jens, I asked the buyer to use a different oryginał PSU, but he does not have access to any of them. He does not have any technical means to check his PSU. We agreed he will send the Indi back to me.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.