Where do I get the latest firmware for the indivision AGA MK III?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello!

I'm a little confused. I have a small problem with my indivision AGA MK III for my A1200 that I have not been able to solve.

I saw a review of the card on youtube and they showed how they could use the live config and move the image around on the screen with the mouse. If I do that the image just stretch instead. it does not move.

I tried to find something here on the forums and then I read that you should upgrade your firmware to the latest version the second thing you do. I downloaded the .adf file from this site and booted from that floppy drive and it flashed my card. But I do not know if the firmware was flashed. when i run flashtool info, I get the following information:

Flashtool for IndivisionAGAmk3 2.1

flash sig: 53464450 - ver: 1.0

Is this the latest firmware? otherwise where can I find it?

BR

Jörgen Jönsson

• Live config is described here:

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Indivision_AGA_MK3/liveconfig

If holding down the left mouse button does not make a difference, please check the CIA adapter, as it may not be pushed down all the way.

The ADF that auto-flashes is a rescue disk. You should only use that if your unit is bricked. It will update your firmware to the latest version, but the recommended way of doing that is with the config tool, selecting "flash firmware" from the drop-down menu.

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Indivision_AGA_MK3/doc

(first file contains the full config tool)

Jens

• I have now made sure that the CIA adapter is down all the way but it makes no difference. I still only have the stretch function of the image. I can't move it around in the live config. I have also run the flash firmware from the menu.

The flashtool info command still gives me the same information as above. Is this the latest firmware version? flash sig: 53464450 - ver 1.0

The underlying problem I have is that when I select to boot my amiga without startup-sequence I can only see half of the image on my screen. for some reason the indivision card decides to use the following frequency.

H: 31.52kHz

V: 60 Hz

but when I look at the exact same screen configuration in workbench it uses these frequencies instead and the screen shows up just fine.

H: 15.79 kHz

Why does the indivision card choose to double the Horizontal frequency when I boot up withou the startup-sequence?

I have one more question also, the preconfigured screen configurations seems to be locked down, I can't delete them, I can't select SHIRES or NORMAL, I can't choose DoubleScan or not, How do I get rid of these preconfigured screenmodes in the indivision software?

BR

Jörgen Jönsson

Sweden

• The underlying problem I have is that when I select to boot my amiga without startup-sequence I can only see half of the image on my screen. for some reason the indivision card decides to use the following frequency.

H: 31.52kHz

That's not the Indivision output frequency, but the measured frequency from your Amiga. Appearently, you have a new Kickstart version installed that allows to display the early startup menu at VGA frequency. Check your monitor's OSD menu if you're unsure what frequency Indivision really sends out.

Why does the indivision card choose to double the Horizontal frequency when I boot up withou the startup-sequence?

It doesn't :-)

I have one more question also, the preconfigured screen configurations seems to be locked down, I can't delete them, I can't select SHIRES or NORMAL, I can't choose DoubleScan or not, How do I get rid of these preconfigured screenmodes in the indivision software?

Instead of reading the whole documentation to you, I suggest to read it yourself:

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Indivision_AGA_MK3/doc

Please scroll all the way down to the example/tutorial, and if you observe that you can't edit something, it's for good reason. You can still make a copy of an output mode and edit that copy, but that's also written in the Wiki manual. Please do take the time to read that.

Jens

• Hello Jens!

I have really read the documentation and it is hard to explain the problem in text, just bear with me, it might be me who is stupid, :), I don't know.

The boot menu shows up just fine where I can select different display modes and I can see all of the different display modes that I can choose from PAL 15 kHz and 31kHz, NTSC 15kHz and NTSC 31kHz, not perfect, but I can see all the information. The problem is when I press the button "startup without startup-sequence" it seems to always defautl to a 31.xx kHz Horizontal frequency regardless of what I choose in the boot menu.

Here is two pictures:

[url=https://ibb.co/Bz2n490][img]https://i.ibb.co/f1dD8sj/01-wrong-frequency.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://ibb.co/8Nvrw2T][img]https://i.ibb.co/ckf69tM/02-same-screen-conf-in-WB.jpg[/img][/url]

I have configured the screenmode that liveconfig report is used but for some reason not the same frequency.

The other problem I had with the image not moving when moving my mouse, I came to think about that I have PC-Key installed, can that change the mouse behaviour in the indivision live config mode?

I have towerized my A1200 in an Elbox tower.

I have now spent 3 evenings/nights to configure the screenmodes in the indivision software, because not one of the preconfigured that is "locked" worked on my monitor. It's an HP E242 monitor with a 1920x1200@60 Hz. That means that I have a lot of configure screenmodes in the software and the copy button greyed out for me. I guess you can only have a certain amount of screenmodes in the list. That's why I asked if it is possible to delete the preconfigured ones that does not work on my monitor anyway.

BR

Jörgen Jönsson

• The problem is when I press the button "startup without startup-sequence" it seems to always defautl to a 31.xx kHz Horizontal frequency regardless of what I choose in the boot menu.

Please consult the supplier of your Kickstart ROM for a solution. Indivision only displays what the Amiga shows. It does not influence it. Again: The H/V frequency shown in the Indivision OSD is the Amiga-side frequency, not the Indivision output frequence.

I have PC-Key installed, can that change the mouse behaviour in the indivision live config mode?

Possibly - I don't even know if that thing properly supports pressing multiple keys at the same time. If you can, please try the real Amiga keyboard as a cross-check. We can't possibly test all 3rd party projects (hobby or commercial) for compatibility. I Have to assume that pressing several keys at the same time is supported, as it's in the Amiga specs.

I guess you can only have a certain amount of screenmodes in the list.

To my knowledge, it's limited by memory only. That should not be a limitation, given the amount I see in your screenshots. If the "copy" button is greyed out, you're most likely misunderstanding the manual. The reason can be two-way, and it's not entirely excluded that Timm can improve the wording. Please mention your steps one by one and point us to where manual and reality diverge.

That's why I asked if it is possible to delete the preconfigured ones that does not work on my monitor anyway.

These are usually just de-activated, indicated by brackets () around them.

Jens

• There is indeed a limit to the maximum number of screenmodes in the list.

There is certainly a limit in the hardware, and the software limit is not taking into account that there are preset modes in the list that cannot be removed. Also it doesn't take into account that some modes might not be enabled.

• Ok, I will ask in the Amiga forums about the H. output frequency from my ROM:s and see if anyone have any tips about that.

I will dismantle my tower ant try with a real keyboard and see if the live configuration works as it should.

Thanks for your support so far! :)

BR

Jörgen Jönsson

• Hello Jens!

I have now dismantled my whole A1200 and removed every addon except for the indivision AGA MK III and I have the original keyboard connected to it and my original A1200 serial mouse, but I get the same stretch function and not the pan function when moving my mouse in the live config.

Can this be a faulty indivision card in some way? or can it be a pin that gets bad connection on the chip? Is there anyting I can try?

PS! I put in my 3.1.4 roms from Cloanto instead of the 3.2.2 from Hyperion and the 3.1.4 roms does not switch to 31 kHz Horizontal. It seems there is some sort of bug in the 3.2.2 roms from Hyperion. Thanks for you help sorting this out before. :) DS!

BR

Jörgen Jönsson

• Can this be a faulty indivision card in some way?

Possibly - we've had instances where an LVC125 driver has been damaged due to a wrong installation of the CIA adapter (wrong orientation, wrong chip, all happened before). It is impossible to be delivered "dead on arrival", as we are testing each unit with the CIA adapter and cable on, check for proper function of the OSD as part of the QC procedure and do not separate the units after the board has gotten it's warranty ID.

or can it be a pin that gets bad connection on the chip?

This seems to be a short, as you reported that you can only stretch, but not move the image. This means that the flicker fixer sees the left mouse button as "always pressed". However, if it would be a short with all correct connections, then you would not be able to left-click anything on the workbench, and that obviously doesn't seem to be the case.

If you don't find anything obvious, we probably should look at the unit here. Hints for returning things to us for service are summarized here.

Jens

• Hello Jens! Thanks for your support, I tested the Amiga 1200 USB Keyboard Interface [AmiKey1200] and it does not seem to work properly either. That goes over the same chip as the indivision do. I suspect that it is the chip on my motherboard I'm afraid that is not as it should. Anyway I do not think that there is any faults on the indivsion card and thanks for your support Jens! Really appreciate it.

BR

Jörgen Jönsson

• Ifs the keyboard interface goes on the CIA chip, then it's pretty certain that the chip is OK. Again, if you can press the left mouse button on your workbench and it's "seen" correctly, then the chip is OK.

Was the Indivision CIA adapter installed the wrong way round at any time? Please be honest, as we've been working on this issue for quite some time now.

Jens

• Hello,

No, the chip has not been installed in the wrong direction. I was very careful when installing the chip and looked at pictures and on youtube how it was supposed to go in before I seated it.

Do you think the chip is ok on my motherboard? there are some keys on the keyboard that don't work with the amikey USB interface that goes on the same CIA chip? I have both the PC-Key installed and the Amikey installed right now. I'm using the amikey for the moment. I do not know either if the keys that don't work with amikey should work with the current language setting in my WB.

my mousebuttons work that is correct.

Well, I don't know what to think, :)

BR

Jörgen Jönsson

• amikey USB interface

I don't know the details of that interface either (especially not if it's capable of handling multiple key presses at the same time). If it is installed on the CIA chip, you certainly don't have the possibility to use live config, as the CIA adapter for the flicker fixer won't fit on top.

The keyboard language setting won't make a difference either, as that is a software interpretation that is happening at a later stage. Indivision looks at the raw key codes, and the keys we have chosen are labelled the same on all country-specific keyboards we've checked. This is not the problem we're looking for, as you've reported that you do see the blue OSD and you can do "something" with the mouse. It's just that the left mouse button does not make a difference while you're in live config mode, and if all other things we've checked over the course of this thread are in order, the best suggestion I have left is to send the unit back for having it checked here.

Jens

• Hello, ofcourse I understand that the live config does not work when I do not have the indivision "thingy" over the CIA chip. I was just trying to see if it was my CIA chip on my A1200 motherboard that is broken or not.

And yes the USB Amikey can handle multiple keypresses at once, but that does not matter in this instance, I understand that.

There is some keys on my keyboard that does not work through the Amikey that sits over my CIA chip on my A1200 motherboard. Could the problem be that it is my CIA chip on my A1200 motherboard that is broken in some way?

I will send the unit to you so you can look at it in the coming week.

BR

Jörgen Jönsosn

• Could the problem be that it is my CIA chip on my A1200 motherboard that is broken in some way?

No. Keyboard strokes are transferred with a serial protocol, and your A1200 has a separate keyboard processor for that, located very near the flicker fixer. We are using that keyboard processor for our Lyra3 product, and the upper shape of the flicker fixer is that "funny" because it needs to keep space for our keyboard adapter.

Jens

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.