Indivision AGA Mk3 ECS vga connector

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello again, I have a A1200 here sans RF modulator and an Indivision AGA Mk3 now to fit.

Is the VGA connector cable from the Indivision ECS pin compatible with the Indivision AGA mk3?

I would like to put a VGA socket where the RF modulator was in a nice way instead of occupying the backport etc

However the VGA/HDMI daughter board with the AGA Mk3 is too big whereas the ECS VGA connector looks just right.

If it is compatible, are the Indivision VGA connectors available to purchase standalone ? Cheers, Jason

• Is the VGA connector cable from the Indivision ECS pin compatible with the Indivision AGA mk3?

No, the number of pins is even different.

I would like to put a VGA socket where the RF modulator was in a nice way instead of occupying the backport etc

However the VGA/HDMI daughter board with the AGA Mk3 is too big whereas the ECS VGA connector looks just right.

Other people have fitted the VGA/HDMI output board in the RF modulator space. The trick is to flip it upside down, so the solderside points up - this makes it fit (albeit with a shoehorn...).

Jens

• Thanks, seen some post about flipping it upside down but they may have removed the vga connector side of it to fit it that way.

A short vga ribbon extension to fill that RF hole might do what I want here I think..

• Might have been my post - I did indeed remove the VGA connector and flipped the board upside down to have the HDMI connector stick out of the RF modulator hole. You can leave the connector on, but with the ribbon cable it gets awfully close to the caps behind the modulator.

• Thanks Edders, will see how goes when get the part.

If it's risking anything around the RF area will revert to the backport.

With the vacant hole there though I really want to fill it with something useful..