A600 cannot be closed with Indivision v3 installed

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello

I tried to put back my A600 but I found that it cannot be closed when the indivision is installed.

I am using the "low profile socket"

What am I doing wrong?

It seems that the conflict point is the VGA cable connector

thanks for any tips!

• We have low-profile socket adapters that we usually deliver with Indivision ECS V3 if you order it together with an A604n. Let me know what the order number(s) were that you bought the products with, so I can see why it wasn't included with your order. The most likely answer is of course "was not ordered together" :-)

• I did get the low-profile adapter , all is good in that front - it was included in my 604n+indiECS order (I assume it is indeed the 2 rows of male-male pins)

It is still a tight fit though - doable but tight

in the end I did some modding of my own and things are way better but that's not for everyone for obvious reasons

I can understand why things are made this way - it ensures that both A604n and indiECS do not have fragile parts exposed and avoids the certain nightmare it would ensue otherwise.

I was just worried I did something so horribly wrong :)

• The "not for everyone" part applies to many Amiga mods :-)

And yes, Indivision ECS V3 has been updated for easier field service: The socket adapter is no longer soldered to the product, but the socket itself is solfered there. We've had some horrible service cases where the socket adapter of a V2 had to be exchanged, and that's getting very expensive. It was time to improve that with V3.

Good to hear that you've resolved it.

• Hi, I also had the same problem. I think it's fair to say the two sockets + pin to pin socket connection doesn't fit in an a600.

I had to desolder the socket on the mem expansion and replace it with the pin header which was incredibly difficult and I nearly trashed the board. All done now, but would be good to offer the Eca with a pin header rather than a socket for future a600 customers.

• Note that we *automatically* ship the low-profile headers if Indivision ECS V3 and A604n are bought in the same order. This has been introduced a few months ago, and we didn't have any complaints ever since.

• I have now entered the info to add these low-profile socket adapters into your next order - this is stored in your customer ID, so it'll automatically come up when I write the shipping order.

• Just a one quick question. [Amiga600] I received a604n+indivision_ecs and 2x trail of short_pins. I carefuly take off the original pins trail on indivision_ecs and I put the short_pins trails because I read here that "it won't close!". So, well alright. But hey, I think I can't put indivision onto 604n socket now. On Indivision_ecs there are tall 2x3pins like J2,C13,C14 so ... the sandwich won't close now :( Am I missing sth? Thanks in advance for your kind answer and Gr33tz!

• Hello Jens,

i have something in the shopping basket to buy.

and i need such a low-profile socket adapter for the indiECSV3 installation on a A604n.

should i email you after ordering?

thank you

rolle

• I haven't tried my ECS V3s in my A600s yet, as they already have ECS V1s. Is the only problem that you cannot close the bottom trapdoor cover on the A600, unless you have the low profile socket?

• Is the only problem that you cannot close the bottom trapdoor cover on the A600, unless you have the low profile socket?

Yes - that's why the low-profile socket adapters are automatically included if A604n and Indivision ECS V3 are ordered together - or if I remember that a customer has bought A600 stuff before, then I'm also adding them for free. If I really remember depends on my mental fitness on that day :-)

I'll address this with Indivision ECS V4, which will be shipped with the low-profile adapters by default - and with shorter alignment pins: Those 3 pins on both ends that are supposed to keep you from mis-aligning the unit in the socket need to be shortened on V3 if you install the low-profile adapters.

Jens