Indivision AND Hard drive

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi I do have an A1200 with the hard drive mounted and a SCSI Interface thus using the trap door space.
    I am interested in the Indivision Mk3 but I have not found pictures showing that both Indivisions AND the Hard drive can be fit at the same time.:/

Can be both installed together?

Alternatives to the trap door?

Thanks

Paolo

• What about the Video output, as the trapdoor is taken by the SCSI connector?

With some soldering effort, you can remove the TV modulator and place the VGA or HDMI output there.

On another note, why keep the SCSI on the A1200? You might want to re-think your data storage approach, for example with a PCMCIA networking card and a NAS.

Jens

• With some soldering effort, you can remove the TV modulator and place the VGA or HDMI output there.

On another note, why keep the SCSI on the A1200? You might want to re-think your data storage approach, for example with a PCMCIA networking card and a NAS.

I have the same setup as you Paoloz, removing the modulator is the way to go. The external SCSI port is still nice to have to play with all the addon expansion storage devices etc, to complete the retro feel.

• Yes, I have removed the modulator as well and have the HDM* connector sticking out of there. The modulator is only soldered by a couple of wires - the metal case is not soldered down at all, which made removing it easy.

• Also, many people seem to tend to put the board "component side up", although it'll be easier with the solder side up. Electrons won't fall out, I promise :-)

• I'm planning to do exactly this, but I don't think I'll ever need the VGA port. Would it be safe to remove the VGA port from the extension board? It would make it a lot easier to fit it in the space and add a decent looking faceplate for the HDMI port, rather than hacking holes in the case..

• I have de-soldered the VGA connector and fitted the board upside-down so the other connector sticks out of the modulator hole. It has been like that for more than 2 years and has been working absolutely fine.

I did a short blog post about it at the time, which can be found here: https://www.edsa.uk/blog/indivision-aga-mk3-part-2 (not sure if posting a link to a personal blog is allowed, my apologies if it is not).

• Personal blog links are OK as long as they don't contain commercial links, but commercial links are not allowed here - I just don't want to deal with the legal consequences (specifically not if the vendors also sell things that are known-bad for an Amiga).

Jens

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.