Latest P96 (3.3.3) issues...

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello Jens,

I'm a long time AmigaOS user with after some years of absence I returned to the forums since last October.

Atm I'm using AmigaOS 3.2.2 both on my A600 and my Vampire Standalone systems.

I also bought P96 (Order ID: 125269) on November 2022 and recently I updated to the latest 3.3.3 version.

After installing the latest release (3.3.3) I experienced two basic problems which I also reported to EAB but Thomas Richter proposed to post here as well.

Both problems after a lot of troubleshooting were narrowed down to the latest rtg.library 43.505 (04/03/2023). Using in both situations the rtg.library 43.399 (29/08/2022) from P96 (3.3.2) archive solved the issue.

Problem No.1 - Issues with GuiGfx.library (found running iGame)

While running iGame (http://aminet.net/package/util/misc/iGame) which is a MUI based application using GuiGfx.library and it's MUI class, I realized that iGame wasn't starting.

After a lot of troubleshooting I managed to narrow down the problem which was GuiGfx support (which once was disabled in iGame) the application run using datatypes method instead.

After reverting to older rtg.library from 3.3.2 archive problem didn't exist in GuiGfx mode.

We also found out that the issue wasn't affecting iGame if we lowered the screen colors to 128 (for example using Native monitor driver with PAL 640x512 @ 128 colors screenmode). Getting more than 128 colors (for example 256) continued to give the same problematic behavior.

I contacted Thomas Richter in the EAB thread and he managed to reproduce it in a stock 3.2.2 installation with nothing more than P96 (3.3.3), MUI5, GuiGfxLib and iGame.

After his troubleshooting his reply was:

Thanks, so I guess I finally got it. The trouble here seems that some part of the code just biindly copies the bitmap attributes over back to the input - this has the side effect that the "magic DPaint fix flag" is fed back into the input of the bitmap allocator, which does not know this flag, and then fails.

Why that only happens with IFF and 256 colors I do not know.

Problem No.2 - Issues with IconEditor application (by Paul E. Bloedel written on Hollywood)

The application with previous version of rtg.ibrary from P96 (3.3.2) worked just fine as you can see in the screenshot bellow.

Application starts with brushes, same as the Icon that started the application on it's window.

After replacing rtg.library with the new one from P96 (3.3.3) then the application gives 16 errors upon running which are the following:

Eventually after bypassing the errors (clicking Continue) application starts

Brushes aren't loaded in the application's window and also NO icon can be loaded.

If you try to load an icon the application is giving the following error:

Code
    1. Out of memory! - Error triggered by Function: LoadBrush - Line: 246

Paul wanting to help, has already compiled his application with latest Hollywood 9, which didn't have any impact on the problem. We tried to troubleshoot a lot these past few days but I just today thought of trying reverting to the older rtg.library and problem was not present!

If I can help in any way, just let me know.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Marios Filos

Visit my Amiga blog: mfilos.com

- A600: Vampire V2-600, Indivision ECS /w Ratte's switch, A604n, RapidRoad, HxC SD+Slim Floppy (internal)

- V4SA

Edited once, last by mfilos ().

• Hi Jens.

After receiving your email with the beta rtg.library 43.524 (18/04/2023) both problems seem to be corrected!!!

As I'm @ work atm trying the library under WinUAE, I'm gonna try both this issues under my A600 and V4SA and will report back as well.

Thanks for the support,

Marios

- A600: Vampire V2-600, Indivision ECS /w Ratte's switch, A604n, RapidRoad, HxC SD+Slim Floppy (internal)

- V4SA

• Just reporting that this version also fixes a problem with junk characters while scrolling playlist on HippoPlayer (due to ClearEOL function) - http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=1609178#post1609178

Good job :P

- V4SA

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.