Indivision AGA mk3 problems

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I updated from AGA Mk2 to Mk3 on my A1200 and ran into problems.

The picture is perfect for the first few minutes, then it starts to flicker and after a few more minutes the picture disappears completely. Rebooting does not help. Only leaving system to "cool" brings the picture back. (I don't know if the issue is in heat, but this behaviour might point to it)

I removed all peripherals and just tried with a bare a1200 board without enclosure but the same problem persists in the "insert disk"-screen. If at the same time I connect monitor into the analog output of the a1200 I get signal correctly from the analog output. Since the Mk2 is rock solid, I switched to it back for now and it still works perfectly.
    A1200 is recapped and the PSU is CA-PSU. I inspected the a1200 board (around Lisa) for possible issues but could not find any.

Is there a possibility I missed something that I have not tried, or is it likely that I need to send the mk3 back for repairs?

• There are a few timing tweaks that you can set in the config tool, like CCK pullup/capacitance or a pullup on PCLK. Also, you should make sure that you'Re running the latest firmware - so far, I only see that you've installed the hardware, but you haven't done anything in terms of software and settings. Please do that first, and do follow the suggestion to make a rescue disk before you start making adjustments :-)

• You got me there.

I totally forgot that in the age of modern hardware software issues can be hardware issues and vice versa. I'll flash with latest and try different settings and report back. Thanks for the tip

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.