Indivision AGA Mk3 Config tool not working

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • The part on the right side of the screen looks like a contact problem within the unit itself: The FPGA appears to lack access to a part of the memory chips. Does this change if you gently push or pull on the circuit board while in operation?

• Here are some new pictures for you I did as you asked and these are the results just before the screen turned blue, it went pink for a bit then the blue came on but just towards the top of the screen, are you thinking this is a faulty unit now??

• at least ive ruled out the ROM`s so ive now put my 3.2 ROM`s back in only because my Workbench looks nice and I have to say the flicker fixer makes WorkBench and games look really nice, I have noticed that every now and then the screen flickers black for a spilt second, also forgot to say I did try this on 2 other 4.3 monitors but a dell and a BenQ the dell did no display and the BenQ stated "out of range"

HTH

• I repeat: "Here are some new pictures for you I did as you asked "gently pushing and pulling on the flicker fixer why the Amiga woas switched on

as you can see from them the change was the screen turned blue toward the top quarter of the screen after a quick flash of going pink.

when this happened I took of the flicker fixer and checked to make sure my Amiga was ok Via scart and luckily it worked as expected via scart

is this looking like a faulty board???

• You didn't confirm that you are physically (carefully!) moving/flexing the flickerfixer board.

Please send it back, we'll attempt to replicate the fault here. It does seem to be substantially different from the "needs wake up"-cases that you were referring to.

Please remember to declare this as "return for repair" without any value, so it won't be held by customs. This article has a few more hints.

• As i have said in a earlier reply I have no problems sending back but I would like to just get a refund as I dont want something from new that needs to be repaired, as for my other "cases" I was referring to that was for your info to let you know that it does not work "out of the box" on some Amiga`s and needs to have the flashtool file from the rescue disk put in to the C:directory on your Amiga then you need to add the "flashtool info to your start-up sequence to wake up the flicker fix.

I also confirmed twice I followed your request to try as you said to push and pull the flicker fixer why it was powered up did you fail

to read the post

Snip"

Here are some new pictures for you I did as you asked and these are the results just before the screen turned blue, it went pink for a bit then the blue came on but just towards the top of the screen, are you thinking this is a faulty unit now??

End Snip

Snip"

Here are some new pictures for you I did as you asked "gently pushing and pulling on the flicker fixer why the Amiga woas switched on

End Snip

So if its coming back to you please arrange a pre paid returns lable for a full refund.

thank you

• please arrange a pre paid returns lable for a full refund.

EU law states that for a revocation, return shipping is paid by the customer, not the seller. If you don't want the unit to be repaired, then the only other way is a revocation - I'm happy with both, but I'm not going to pay for your return shipping.

• I have no idea what revocation is or means, but I will get a quote to send this back to you and have a refund and also contact Paypal, as its not going to be any use to me and i dont want a repaired item that is meant to be "NEW" as this was my Christmas present from my wife and was only opened at Christmas and I put it in my Amiga after Christmas was over.

• Revocation is your right to cancel the contract, which you are granted by EU law. The terms&conditions clearly say that you're responsible for getting the unit back to iComp in case you wish to cancel the contract.

After the unit is back here, I'll refund the total, including shipping cost to your place. That's the same for all customers, and it's what you've agreed to when you've made the purchase. Again, in line with EU customer protection laws.

• I cant send via Royal mail due to a cyber attack on the systems, so i`m having to go via parcels2go.

As i have never sent anything over seas for years could you please forward me your full address as follows for me

company:

Address:

Address2:

Town/city:

State/country:

Zipcode/post code:

I would also like your contact details please for the form

thank you

• the only thing I`m not happy with is putting 0 value? is this just for repairs ? or if I ask for a return? or both or is just for the customs form, and I have to as what if this goes missing where does that leave me? without anyway to claim from the delivery company? this is what your asking me to do I`m just covering myself you have to understand this as 0 would get me nothing.

and please just reply to my request as i have asked you too, I don't know what your address mean as in street, number or post code.

so could you please put this in thank you

company:

Address:

Address2:

Town/city:

State/country:

Zipcode/post code:

• the only thing I`m not happy with is putting 0 value?

It's the truth: You say that the unit is defective, hence it has no value.

what if this goes missing where does that leave me?

Insurance and customs are different things. This is for customs: If you declare a value, I'll have to drive almost one hour one-way to the customs office, do paperwork for importing my own stuff and pollute the environment while I should be doing other things. I understand that you're not happy with the product, but this would be going too far :-)

and please just reply to my request as i have asked you too, I don't know what your address mean as in street, number or post code.

I did answer that. Please follow the link I provided and read that article. It contains everything you need to know, including the address.

• Right now you have made it clear I put a value on for insurance but not on the custom form, thank you

No need for any info on the environment as I use to be a Environmental officer and also a environmental surveyor "nuff said"

I have read the info but if I get it wrong it could be miss delivered as I know over here we form the addresses different as in

house Number

Street

Town

State/province

post code

I was asking for you to clarify the way it is done in Germany it would not be to hard for you to that would it, after all I'm asking you this as a customer thank just wants to get it right.

• In Germany, the order is:

- street name first, then house number in the same line

- postal code first, then city name in the same line

State/province is not used in Germany at all - I believe this is mostly an American (not even a UK) thing. Feel free to enter "NRW", that's short for the state we're located. Since all this info is mostly conveyed via computers, the order hardly plays a role. Maybe for the "last mile", but that's where humans start handling the parcel again, so expect a minimum level of intelligence in decyphering the info on the delivery person's side. I'm confident that you'll get this right.

• Right the parcel2go site form says the value for the parcel must be the same on the customs part plus its asking for all kind on numbers for your company I just do not have, so I've just contacted PayPal

• The 87000004 alert simply means "this program cannot be started from Workbench". (Precisely, it is a qpkt failure caused by the workbench startup message stuck in the process communication port).

The 3f02803e alert simply means "mmu.library not found", thus the installation is incomplete.

That the config tool is not working is most likely a side effect that the card does not speak autoconf correctly, and hence its hardware ports are not accessible once the MMU is active. "ACAInit" in the MMU-Configuration would then likely help.

• The 87000004 alert simply means "this program cannot be started from Workbench". (Precisely, it is a qpkt failure caused by the workbench startup message stuck in the process communication port).

The 3f02803e alert simply means "mmu.library not found", thus the installation is incomplete.

That the config tool is not working is most likely a side effect that the card does not speak autoconf correctly, and hence its hardware ports are not accessible once the MMU is active. "ACAInit" in the MMU-Configuration would then likely help.

thanks for the info but it does not help as it parcelled up ready to go back as there is nothing more I can do, I would love it to have been sorted without the need to send it back, but at this stage its all that's left for me to do and its lasted about 5 weeks before going down