Indivision AGA mk2cr HDMI black screen / no signal

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi!

I have an Indivision mk2 cr (red board) which was working perfectly so far. HDMI output. Until I downloaded the config tool to see what is available there. I didn't change any setting after it opened, there were a lot of things, and I didn't know what does what... But I pressed the "TEST" button to see whether it will test with some default settings. The result was: black screen... I waited a bit, pressed ESC, nothing happened. I restarted the Amiga and it didn't show any picture either. Just a black screen (I think no signal, not even the Indivision logo coming up). I don't have unfortunately any RGB-SCART cable. Is there any way to reset it? Why did the TEST button change the setting stored on the board? The Amiga loads up as normally, HDD lights flicker after a while it stops.

• Why did the TEST button change the setting stored on the board?

Depending on the pixelclock of the screen mode that you wanted to test, the flash had to be re-programmed. The MK2(cr) design is based on an FPGA that cannot change it's PLL settings unless you change the core - which is exactly what the design does. There are 8 spaces in the flash chip for cores, so a total of 8 different pixel clocks can be used in any configuration (the config tool will warn about that if you attempt to create such a config).

I can only speculate that someting went wrong power-wise during that flash operation. No need to panic, as you can either re-flash it from the config tool's drop-down menu by selecting "re-flash all", or you can run the rescue disk, which I have published somewhere in this support forum (but not yet in the Wiki, sorry about that!).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.