Indivision AGA Mk3 Config tool not working

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Just got the Indivision AGA MK3 But every time i try to load the Config tool I get the error "indivision aga mk3 program failed (error #8700004)" has anyone got any ideas.
    Thanks in advance:rolleyes:

• Mine crashes with my Blizzard 1260 as soon as I try to flash it, leaving a nonworking Indivision flash. Also happened with AGA MK2. Solved pressing "2" to disable blizzard and flashing again.

• Sorry to say this needs re-opening as its just stopped working again for no reason just comes up with a "software Failure" program failed (error #87000004)
    Also is there a way to disable the logo one the top right when it changes screen modes.

• It seems like we need to go deeper - your case is unique so far, so we're probably looking for a different fault. Please list the exact config, including the power supply and all other parts that are connected with a cable to the main board. Please be thorough, don't leave out anything. We've had cases where a ground loop with audio equipment has caused funny behaviour, and your case might be similar.

• Standard A1200 with as follows WB3.2 3.2 ROMS, individuel aca1233, Cf card adaptor with buffered Duel IDE ports, USB mouse adaptor, standard power supply Tested with all right output levels, Creative sound bar I have stripped back to a 2mb 1200 and floppy drive with just the power, mouse and indivision plugged in booted from floppy and still the software crashes the same? used the rescue disk that naffed up my display as the Indivision does not work out of the box without using the boot up disk, its not like i`ve never had ones of these before as I`ve had 2 indivision AGA mk2 with out any problems, all i have now is a 1200 with a messed up display and no way to fix it! no doubt it will be something I have that is at fault.?(

• standard power supply Tested with all right output levels,

Please post the results of that test, including the calibration note of your measurement equipment and used measurement/load methods.

Unfortunately, with computers being extremely modded these days, and lots of bad products out there that are not exactly developed, but should go by "tinkering that went small-scale-production", I have to elimitate external faults first.

Why can I do that? We are testing every single unit before it leaves the house. Single-unit testing and documentation is key to our quality control and tracking system. The reason why I can say so confidently that the unit is good is that I know from our database when it was tested, and who did the job.

Again, your case is unique. I'm willing to spend time on solving the issue. You showing no cooperation doesn't help. We either take the engineering approach, or none at all. You choose.

• No need to get stroppy, I do have other things to do other than sit at my Amiga all day I dont use it that much but I can see software not work because of hardware, other software yeah i can see that but I have started ruling out things and took it back to a basic 1200 with just a AmigaKit CF card adaptor, I have not swapped out the 3.,2 roms for my old 3.1.4 rom and done a re install of workbench but again the indivision does not work out of the box un less you use the flashtool info in your start up to wake upthe indivision first (that need a update for you next fireware)

• Trying to extract information here:

does not work out of the box un less you use the flashtool info in your start up to wake upthe indivision first

This is something that a small number (<5) of customers has reported, and none of them has been willing to send us the board and power supply for investigation. Now that you're writing it the first time in a way that I have a chance to understand what you're talking about, I'm very interested in getting your board and power supply to investigate this issue. Can you send them? I'm pretty certain that if you send the flicker fixer back for service, we won't find a fault and would either charge a service fee, or refund the money, which would not help anyone here.

• Right I have not re tested my power supply (last done September 2022) I have got a drop in the +12V as it is reading +9 and not 12 the +5 is bang and on the -12 has also had a drop so I may have to get a new power supply before going on with this be this will have to wait till next mth.

As for your small number here is a video i found on the same point that shows you why it does not "work out of the box" do a search on YouTube for this.

Flicker Fixer for Amiga 1200 and 4000T! Did not expect this! - YouTube

as for sending it back with my power supply paying postage and you also want to charge me a fee? I want to try and get this to just work, so the rescue disk has on a number of config files on it and you only get 7 seconds before it flashes it back to default, if you cant see the screen not a good idea getting the script file to ask before hand would have been better, but the other configs on that disk can you use the flashtool to flash them as in from the shell "flashtool 1280x1024.config" would that flash it to use that screen size? or if you can send me a file to flash it ive downloaded the newer version of the both disks and still have no luck with them working, i understand you may not have come across this or have but only a few, but ive have sent a lot of money to get this only to come acrosss these problems, ive have use other CF cards installed WB 3.2 with the Roms changed back to 3.1.4 roms and reinstalled WB 3.1.4 all i want is to get this to work and use my 1200 on monitor.
    I never got chance to make my own rescue disk as the software would not

• I still don't know where on the planet you are - and no, I'm not going to charge a fee if you're sending your A1200 board and PSU with the flicker fixer, as that would finally enable me to measure what's going on.

However, your case is different from others, as the config tool does not start properly, even crashes the computer - that still makes it unique, hardly comparable to other cases where just the "initial kick" to wake it up after a cold start is required. Can you tra to re-seat the unit on the Lisa chip? Cleaning the contacts with IPA and an old toothbrush will also help making better contact. We've had a case just a few days ago where the unit wasn't completely pushed down and caused all kinds of funny behavioulr - to be found in this forum.

As for the PSU: I take it your measurement equipment is not calibrated, and you don't know how to measure ripple. Fine - I actually didn't expect that, but it's good that you clearly express it here, so we know how to take the "measurements" you're presenting here. If you're going for a new PSU, please do read our PSU FAQ and avoid the known-bad ones that are offered on Amazon and Amigastore. It's even best if you re-cap the old PSU, as that's the best thing you can do. No currently-available PSU comes close to the specs of the original Commodore PSUs.

• The part of the planet im on is the UK just so you know.

I will read the PSU FAQ thank you, but if anything the only thing I would send back would be the flicker fixer for a refund as it not working as it should, but as I did ask you about the Flashtool and if the other config files on the disk could be used from the command line like "flashtool 1280x1024.config" to force the flicker fixer to use that screen resolution, could i use someone else rescue disk they have made? is there a way to get it to just use the standard Amiga hires screen and then i can go from there as it is at the moment its over to the left and the screen to the right has a light green bar down it.
    did you watch the youtube video i put is the discription he had the same kind of problems.

im asking this so you can get idea of me trying to get this to work as it should but giving up and sending it back as not working as it should, but let me know what i could try to get this to work in via the flashtool and what that can do.