Workbench 1.3 format tool?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

this last weekend I destroyed the partitons in the DOM that came with my Buddha. Is there any tool available to format a new hard disk in WB 1.3? WB 3.1 and upwards are working OK with HDToolbox but I can't make a working partition for WB 1.3.

BTW I want to send the DOM to IComp to reflash as I also have an ACA 1233n I bought second hand that I want to upgrade to IDESpeeder. Can I send all?

• I'm not aware of a HDToolbox that works under Kick1.3. I know that HDInsttool is listed as OS1.3 compatible - might be worth a try: https://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/hdinst

However, you should be able to make a working 1.3 partition by choosing OFS or FFS as file system - that should be straight-forward. Even PFS3, which is our go-to-filesystem for large partitions, will work under Kick/WB1.3.

BTW I want to send the DOM to IComp to reflash as I also have an ACA 1233n I bought second hand that I want to upgrade to IDESpeeder. Can I send all?

Sure, please send it all in one parcel - please read the hints for sending things back.

• Did some more test today. First I played a bit with Sysinfo and found that with KS1.3 not all card are detected, the last Zorro slots are not working/detected. This A2000 has A2090, Buddha, XSurf100, RAM card and a GBAPII++. Buddha was in the last slot.

After taking apart the card and reseat them one by one I found that the Xsurf 100 stops KS1.3 from read the next slots from it is seated. Unfortunatelly the XSurf colides with the ISA slots so I can't move it to the last slot. As I received a BigRam 2630 this week I put the Buddha in the place of the RAM card and now I have all the compatible KS1.3 cards working (SCSI+Buddha).

HDInst worked well but now my prolems are the 'Validation errors' but this can be caused by the combinaton of ide-to-cf-to-sd combinations.

Anyway I will prepare the package tomorrow because I want to test with your installer.

Thank you for your fast reply!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.