Chameleon Ps2 Keyboard

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Simple question. Can a ps2 keyboard be used when the Chameleon is plugged in ?

I want to plug this device in a SX64 with a broken keyboard. The keyboard is beyond repair,

That's why i'm looking at the Chameleon. (Not only for the ps/2 option).

• Simple question. Can a ps2 keyboard be used when the Chameleon is plugged in ?

I want to plug this device in a SX64 with a broken keyboard. The keyboard is beyond repair,

That's why i'm looking at the Chameleon. (Not only for the ps/2 option).

I did try this yesterday. I had my TC64V2 plugged into my C64c and connected a PS2 keyboard to the TC64V2 at the same time. It seemed to work just fine.

• The Chameleon documentation is extremely large, and as a new-potential buyer, you're just overwhelmed by the vast amount of data. I find the question perfectly valid.

• hi!

Is it possible to connect a keyboard from an Amiga 2000 or any other DIN keyboard to the Chameleon v2 with a docking station?

I've seen people make cables to use A500 keyboards work with A2000s. And since the docking station can use an A500 keyboard I think it should be possible to convert the cable coming from an A2000 keyboard to work with the A500 keyboard pins from the docking station. However, I think this would only work with the minimig core and not other cores.

Of course it would not work with TC64s PS2 keyboard connector.

• Hello !

I'm looking also for a way to connect a Amiga 2000 keyboard to the chameleon instead of a 500, got 5 A2000Keyboards but no more Spare a500. Either to ps/2 or to the a500 pins on the dock. i would sacrifice one of the 2000 keyboards for that. Any news or ideas about this topic ?

regards

Patrick

• Hey Tobias, i just connected sucessfully a A2000 Keyboard to the Chamelon at the 500 pinslot on the dock. I will have no LED's and also no CTRL AMIGA AMIGA . but i don't care really about this.

• Altkey is broken physically wich i need to fix, but the a2000 keyboard works for me in the TC Menus, the 64 core and the amiga aga core fine, other cores i don't have installed. Its also just a test if i could get it to work and the cable is ugly since its just a old a500 keyboardcable connected to the internal conntector of the 2000keyboard. But next week i order a Din Connector and build myself a adapter so i can connect any A2000 keyboard. :)

• No you can use the a500 keyboard right after the startup of the chameleon to setup everything, it behave the same like if you connect a c64keyboard at the dock or plug the tc642 in to a c64. All tested by myself the last month

Anyway it seems that ALL input ports from the dock equal wich one are able to control the menus right from the start. i was thinking that is supposed to be like this. even if i would prefer to have a setting in the tc642 options to control that behaviour and turn on/off different ports for input to have more control (currently you can't attach and leave a Amigamouse to port1 - the chameloen refuse to boot up.) see also this thread Tankmaus am Dock port1 macht Probleme (it's in the german section)

• Wow - didn't know that the Chameleon menu supports tha A500 keyboard.

The menu only knows about C64 keyboard matrix and the two joysticks. Inside the FPGA design there are two separate scancode decoders that feed the c64 keyboard matrix overlay logic. One is for PS/2 keyboard stuff and one that decodes scancodes coming in from a A500 keyboard attached to a docking station. So it should not only work in the menu, but for everything running on the emulated C64 including games. Numeric pad emulates a joystick just like on the PS/2 keyboard. One of the numerical parenthesis toggles the port.

If that was all techno mumbojumbo to the read here it is in plain English:

The A500 works in the Chameleon core by very tiny magic gnomes in purple jumpsuits running around like crazy!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.