Display artifacts

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I've got my Indivision ECS V2 working in Amiga 600. But I've noticed some artifacts, especially visibile on the mouse cursor. You can see it in this video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/UqbV2c9bScQ4R9ni9

Looks like tearing, interlacing lines. Happening in different resolutions. Is that normal?

Also in games with fast scrolling screen, like Pinaball for example, you can feel a lag. The image scroll is not smooth. Should that be happening?

Thank you,

Lukas

• Looks like tearing, interlacing lines. Happening in different resolutions. Is that normal?

Yes, that's perfectly normal, as the Amiga will update the sprite pointer in every single frame, where the flicker fixer has detected interlace for the screen and therefore only updates "half" of the screen on every VBlank. This results in the "split lines" of the mouse pointer. There is no way around that - except if you're switching to a non-interlace mode.

Also in games with fast scrolling screen, like Pinaball for example, you can feel a lag. The image scroll is not smooth. Should that be happening?

Lag is very small on Indivision ECS V2, as all screen changes are updated in the frame buffer in real-time - there is no extra buffering "in between". So the most lag you will see is introduced by your monitor - if it's a normal PC monitor, the best way to work around this is to activate V-Syncing (see config tool). This, however, requires the monitor to support 50Hz vertical frequency.

We have 50Hz-compatible Eizo monitors that are capable of displaying V-Synced PAL screens. Scrolling is much smoother with them, compared to a monitor that can't sync to such a picture.

• We have 50Hz-compatible Eizo monitors that are capable of displaying V-Synced PAL screens. Scrolling is much smoother with them, compared to a monitor that can't sync to such a picture.

Hi Jens,

I can confirm there’s no lag in Pinball Fantasies and all other games and demo’s with Pal HiRes with the option V-Sync 50 Hz on the Eizo S1933.

I only have a problem with my Workbench screen that’s running on Pal HiRes Interlaced with the V-Sync. I get a black screen. I know that it is something with the lines the ECS V2 detect, can I make a profile that V-Sync also works on interlaced screens?

There’s a way around when I use the HighGFX for my Workbench, but that’s only a 4 color mode on the A500.

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• I only have a problem with my Workbench screen that’s running on Pal HiRes Interlaced with the V-Sync. I get a black screen. I know that it is something with the lines the ECS V2 detect, can I make a profile that V-Sync also works on interlaced screens?

There’s a way around when I use the HighGFX for my Workbench, but that’s only a 4 color mode on the A500.

Please open a separate thread for that problem - Timm will be able to help you if you post your config file there.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.