Indivision AGA MK3 for A1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • That was it exactly, which is sort of understandable because it's closer to that than anything else. But it's a real nuisance. Messing with the indivision program to get superplus displaying correctly means PAL modes are now off centre with huge borders.

That this problem is solved makes it a day one purchase.

• It does, but you won't have the "live configuration" feature, and you also won't have a feature that isn't even ennounced yet (not yet fully developed).

Dreaming out loud this unannounced feature is some (light) RTG capability. That would be awesome and the choice easy. Now I'm still doubting whether to consider that other hyped 060 card with flickerfixer companion... Although I realise that RTG capablity is probably asked too much and beyond its purpose/goal for a card like this.

Still I must say the Mk3 feature set is very tempting.

• Hi Jens,

I've a question about the next thing you wrote earlier...:

"the monitor recognition is an important part of Indivision AGA MK3's usability"

I'm using a Benq BL702a monitor (only VGA, no DVI) like a lot of other Amiga (1200) users, would this monitor recognized by the Indivision AGA MK3? And can I finally use Pal HiRes Interlaced mode without flickering with this card?

Thx

Phil

• Question would be if "day one" is today (as pre-orders are open for less than 24 hours now), or the currently-confirmed delivery date of August 10th :-)

I don't pre order stuff ever in my life. If you run out of stock I can just wait until you make some more. Much more simple that way

• Dreaming out loud this unannounced feature is some (light) RTG capability.

Don't speculate - it might trigger other people's expectations, and they can only be wrong. I always tell people that they should ONLY buy a product for what it is right now, not for what it may become in the future. It will only do what is shown in the product description. Once we have completed the new feature, I will update the product description.

I'm using a Benq BL702a monitor (only VGA, no DVI) like a lot of other Amiga (1200) users, would this monitor recognized by the Indivision AGA MK3?

Yes, that (and even much older CRT monitors) provides an EDID block through the standard VGA cable that Indivision AGA MK3 can read.

And can I finally use Pal HiRes Interlaced mode without flickering with this card?

That's a full "Yes" without any limitation.

I don't pre order stuff ever in my life. If you run out of stock I can just wait until you make some more. Much more simple that way

I doubt that we'll run out of stock this year.

• Just curious, will there be an option to internally connect the sound signals and have them embedded into the <4 letter connection> stream? I’m currently doing that with an additional hdmi sound embedding card attached to my Mk2 (non cr).

Would be nice to have a single connection from my miggy to my Onkyo home cinema system, and you’d immediately get another preorder if that was a feature on the board...

• is Mk3 have Graffiti support like first ECS had ?

for example for" ADoom, DoomAttack, Nemac IV, ShapeShifter

Yes Graffiti emulation will be supported on the mk3 with full 18 bit color support. (some of the ECS flicker-fixers only do 12 bit color)

• Yes Graffiti emulation will be supported on the mk3 with full 18 bit color support. (some of the ECS flicker-fixers only do 12 bit color)

Nice! Will Graffiti work with HighGFX driver? I mean, will it be possible to use 720p resolution with Graffiti color support?

• Nice! Will Graffiti work with HighGFX driver? I mean, will it be possible to use 720p resolution with Graffiti color support?

I don't know. Depends on the how the application(s) that uses the Graffiti mode will set up the screen. If the application supports 720p I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

• I don't know. Depends on the how the application(s) that uses the Graffiti mode will set up the screen. If the application supports 720p I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Thank you for response!

• Just curious, will there be an option to internally connect the sound signals and have them embedded into the <4 letter connection> stream? I’m currently doing that with an additional hdmi sound embedding card attached to my Mk2 (non cr).

Would be nice to have a single connection from my miggy to my Onkyo home cinema system, and you’d immediately get another preorder if that was a feature on the board...

Yes that would be really good indeed. Which card do you use? I'm searching for a good one.

• Yes Graffiti emulation will be supported on the mk3 with full 18 bit color support. (some of the ECS flicker-fixers only do 12 bit color)

I don't know. Depends on the how the application(s) that uses the Graffiti mode will set up the screen. If the application supports 720p I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Graffiti is a big feature in itself, speeding up the the obligitory amiga graphics benchmarking system (doom) by a lot. It should be in the product description and wiki page.

Evil thought, a p96 driver for graffiti modes would be interesting...

• Hi,

Jens you mentioned that there will be the use of High GFX so there is no need for a graphix card. Will this improve the graphics of the games and also the resolution? For example do i benefit with the INDI MK3 better graphics mode on games (such as DOOM) with more detailed graphics or this will only improve the workbench screens?

• In my A1200 i have a KA 47 Angle IDE 44 PIN with SD Adapter. Will this be in the way for the Indi MK3?

If it looks similar to this picture. Then the answer is no, it is not in the way and you can mount an indi AGA MK3 (or mk2 as is the case in the pic) in the machine at the same time.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.