Posts by efren

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Well after more than 2 years procrastinating I finally got the courage to attemp the fix myself (sending it was no longer an option because of cost from México and back). I bought the mentioned ferrite beads and attempted my very first SMD repair. It went really well and the Indivision is working perfectly again.

Just wanted to say thanks! :)

Hello Jens. Thanks for your reply

It is solved now, the card is working fine and I can connect. Here's what happened:

I did run xsurftest booting with no startup sequence but the same thing happened. Then after a few more resets the computer stopped booting completely. I feared something else was damaged so I took it apart and started testing with just the CPU board. It worked.

Then I started adding things one by one until I added the X-Surf in the same slot it was before and again, no boot. I changed the X-Surf to a different slot and it booted again. So I added everything else, leaving that slot empty (maybe it is damaged, maybe it was just bad luck. In any case I don't use it) and all is fine now. All expansions working and internet connection reestablished :)

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Efrén

Hello!

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have an original X-Surf card connected to my A4000D. The card is recognized but the test performed by xsurftest always crashes the computer (See attached picture). The same thing happens if I try to start AmiTCP. The computer hangs, no mouse movement at all. A soft reset works but not immediately, it takes a few seconds between Ctrl-A-A and the actual reset.

I'm using OS 3.9 BB2. The computer has a CyberstormPPC with 060. I'm using Thor's mmu.library and processor libraries if that's relevant.

My guess is that it is a software problem but I just cannot figure it out. I had it working fine before, but I stored this A4000D for about 2 or 3 years and now that I want to use it again, everything else seems to work, except this.

Any clue will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

- Efrén

Hello Jens

Thanks. I think I'll be sending it togheter with at least one more item (X-Surf 500). I use an original Commodore 4.5A PSU which I recapped 2 or 3 months ago, but depending on cost, I think I would like to have the ripple fix applied anyway.

About the CA-PSU, I am just waiting for the 110V version to be available. With any luck, I'll send my items to repair and they'll return with their new CA-PSU friend :P

Thanks!

Efrén

Hello Jens

Well I did reflow all pins: Added a little flux, heat pin until the solder melts, remove iron tip, repeat. Unfortunately nothing changed. Boot menu can still see the MAC address just fine but there is no activity on either side of the cable and of course, connection cannot be established from the OS.

I think I'll be sending this and my Indivision ECS (different thread for that) together. I also have an Indivison AGA MK2 I tried to use yesterday on an A1200 that did not work at all, but I'll open a separate thread for that.

Maybe I'll end up sending the 3 items in one go.

Thanks!

Efren

Hello iComp

My Indivision ECS failed with no image at all. The monitor receives something because when I turn the Amiga on, it goes out of sleep mode but the screen remains all black. After inspection I noticed a component is missing. I have no idea how I managed to do that but anyway... it is missing and I guess that's the reason (Please see attached picture).

Can you repair it if I send it? I ask because it is the old model so I don't know if you still offer repair service for it.

Also, I read on another thread on this forum about a fix to make it more tolerant to ripple from the PSU. There are some pictures on that thread and looks like mine does not have such a fix. Can the fix be applied as well?

Thanks!

Efren

Hello Jens

Thanks for your reply. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the board but as expected, nothing changed. I did a visual inspection and the only unusual thing I could find was that 2 solder points for the JR45 seem to be different than the rest. Looks like they were resoldered after the card was manufactured. Please see the attached picture. I did not resolder anything. The card is exactly as I received it from iComp store.

So, my theory now is that maybe those 2 points were resoldered because contact was not perfect and now the solder has lost contact (after several connect / disconnect cycles). I can try and reflow, remove the existing solder and apply new one just on those 2 points, but first I would like to know your opinion on that. Also, I could check for continuity but I cannot see where those tracks go in the board. Have you had cases before where this resolder was needed?

I hope this the whole issue, sounds like an easy fix if it is.

Regards,

Efren

Hello iComp!

I tried to use my X-Surf 500 after a few months of not using it (it has remained attached to my ACA500plus all the time, just without ethernet cable) and looks like it does not work anymore. The activity leds never turn on. Not on the XSurf-500, not on the router. I know the cable and router work fine beccause that same cable provides internet to a windows laptop next to the Amiga.

The card worked fine since I bought it. It is just now that it refuses to work and I'm afraid something might be damaged on it. Maybe I inadvertently did something I shouldn't... I don't know. :(

The ACA500plus finds it and reports the MAC address just fine (pressing TAB on the start menu). It just acts as if the ethernet port were disconnected. Needless to say, no connection can be established from the OS.

Is there any advice on some tests I can do or something to review? and if it ends up being damaged I guess I woukd like to send it to be repaired, if possible.

Thanks!

Efrén

It has never been in stock - we could not find a vendor of 110V PSUs that really fulfills the requirements of DoE Level VI. I don't want to sell anything that's illegal in the main country that the 110V is made for.

Oh... and I thought it was going to be available pretty soon :(

So... was this a showstopper or the search for the right vendor continues?

Regards,

Efrén

Hello!

I do get that all the time, got used to it and always click 'Cancel' and move on... Lazy me I never tried to know why :P

Here are some pictures of my screen. Looks to me that this is specific to 3.1.4

For example I use loadmodule to load 3.1.4's intuition.library and VirusZ complains about intuition and exec. If I remove the loadmodule call from my Startup-Sequence, then VirusZ only complains about exec.

My setup si ACA500plus running at 14MHz and no A1200 accelerator attached. The 3.1.4 ROM is in one of the ROM slots of the ACA500plus and loaded from there at start, same as Mickoz I beleive. Other than the loadmodule entry mentioned above, my startup-sequence has nothing extra.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Efrén

I am also interested in TrueIDE and for me, the feature I would like the most is "identification data to let the card appear like it's non-removable". Also 2 card support would be a nice-to-have but definetly not a must.

In my case, I want it to be inside my A1200 and just stay there for a long time :)

Regards,

Efrén

This all works, but when i try to load the new intuition.library thru loadmodule or use loadmodule ROMUPDATE, the amiga reboots to an E0 aca500plus error (exc4).

For LoadModule to work, you need to add REVERSE at the end:

Code
    1. C:LoadModule LIBS:intuition.library REVERSE

Hello iComp Team!

I recently got an ACE-2 for my A500 with ACA500plus. So far it is working perfectly fine but I have some questions about the options under the F3 (Standard A500 Profile) Menu:

Now that the Amiga has the 2MB Agnus, the configurations under that menu don't work as before. For example:

• if I choose just 512KB Chip RAM, what I get is about 1.7 MB Chip RAM
    • if I choose 512KB Chip RAM / 512KB Slow Ram, I get the full 2MB Chip RAM and 512KB Slow RAM

Before the ACE-2 I was able to get the memory configurations as described on the menu. Of course, I had the 8372A Agnus and a 512KB RAM Expansion in the trapdoor.

So, is it no longer (technically) possible to create those memory configurations with the ACE-2 installed? and if so... any chance for the menu to detect the Agnus type and update the wording of those options accordingly?

Thanks!

now that the size of the X-Surf-500 is known, we will most likely make our own case design, but it may be possible for others to modify their designs.

Hey Jens, quick questions: Is this case design for ACA500plus still under consideration or has a decision being made? and if you decide to produce it, will it fit both old & new DisMo / Button size / locations?

Thanks!

** Please ignore, I just saw on another thread the issue is confirmed and will be addressed in a future release **

Hello!

I saw the new V0.125 update for the ACA500plus, and flashed it.

I know it is mainly a release that adds support for the X-Surf-500, but still I wanted to try. By the way, is the X-Surf-500 support the only difference vs V0.122 or are there other changes?

Anyway, it flashed with no issues and all worked fine except for one thing: The "HD activity LEDs" that are next to the CF Cards stopped working, they just remain off all the time. Everything else seems to work fine, I can use my system normally, but no... it's just not the same without the LEDs, I missed them badly :P

So... I went back to V0.122 and the LEDs are working again. Everything else continues to work normally as well.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks!!