X-SURF 100 and ZZ9000

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

Anyone with skills could help me with the following issue:

Amiga 4000 warp engine 040/40 with zz9000 and x-surf100 and rapidroad installed..

When using the graphics card ZZ9000 from MNT together with the X-surf 100, the zz9000NET.device (the part of zz9000 LAN) does not work. But x-surf 100 works fine, receive packets normally and can connect with the internet.

Resuming: They do not co-exist in same machine. When I unplug the x-100 hardware, the zz9000net.device works fine. Internet OK.

I wrote my first impressions at English Amiga Board:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=93335&page=11

Thank you in advance

Francisco

• Please make sure to use Thor's MMU libraries and the latest RR device driver - this will "poke a hole" into the MMU table and allow access to the card. You might want to make Lukas (maker of the zz9000) aware of this mechanism, so he can adapt his drivers. Thor's MMU libraries are the quasi-standard on more powerful Amigas like yours.

• Then it's Lukas' turn. We really can't do anything unless the conflict has been tracked down to an error in the X-Surf-100, which is very unlikely after almost seven years in the field.

My guess is that Lukas just needs to tell the MMU lib that his drivers want to access the card.

• In less than a minute, Lukas answered my question:

Hi Francisco,

thanks for your message. This is a known issue. We believe it is an

interrupt problem, but I'm not 100% sure. There are some alternative

drivers for using INT2 instead of INT6 being developed by Chain-Q. So

my suggestion would be to wait for version 1.6. If you want to test beta

drivers, please join our IRC channel (as printed in the manual).

Cheers

Lukas

Good to know we have such a good persons in our community, Lukas and Jens, you are fantastic guys. Congrats!

• Hello,

Problem fixed by MNT, with the last firmware version 1.6.2. for the ZZ9000 graphics card.

Info from MNT: Fixes to network driver including the possibility of switching to INT2 instead of INT6 in the event you have hardware conflicts.

To do this, set the interrupt jumper on ZZ9000 to INT2 and create an empty file ENVARC:ZZ9K_INT2.

Francisco

• Thanks for reporting back. I wonder what the problem was in the first place - the Amiga uses shared IRQs, so there is no such thing as an IRQ conflict by design. All iComp cards properly go tri-state on INTx lines when there is no IRQ pending.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.