X-Surf 100 not showing in boot menu

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

My Amiga 4000's X-Surf 100 (with Rapid Road) apparently sustained some damage after my 4000 PSU blew a fuse a while ago (the X-Surf 100 and Rapid Road were working fine before that). :-\

My A4000's PSU is being repaired and recapped, but in the meantime--just to check--I plugged the X-Surf 100 into my Amiga 3000. The Ethernet LED flashes/blinks, but it no longer shows up in the early-startup "Diagnostics" boot menu screen, even when trying different Zorro slots.

Is it possible to send it in for repair? I bought it directly from Individual Computers last year.

Thanks,

Greg

• Basically resolved; now shows as "Working" in the boot menu after I thoroughly cleaned all slots (motherboard and daughterboard) and card edge connectors in my A3000 with Isopropyl Alcohol. Appreciate the advice given here about that!

USB device loads fine--no errors; I just need to install the fat95 file system handler from Aminet so it can read my USB flash drive.

I was under the impression that AmigaOS 3.1.4 automatically handled Fat95 and Fat32-formatted devices, but will have to do some digging on that.

Any recommendation as to what filesystem is best for formatting USB devices under Windows for use with Rapid Road?

• Once I put in Fat95 and used the standard setup, Ive had no issues reading cards for Windows...I hooked up a multi format card reader and plugged in a 4 gig compact flash...backed up my entire hard drive and had GBs to spare....I wouldn't be concerned about the filesystem until you have an issue...

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.