Does the ACE2b work for me?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have an Amiga 2000 rev 6.2

It is equipped with Indivision ECS (v1)

I consider buying ACE2b

a)can I install ACE2b without conflict with my Indivision ECS?

B)Does the package include everything needed?

Additional info:
    I run OS3.2 and I have an 60830 GVP series combo II accelerator/SCSI host (8mb)

many thanks

Tomas

• a)can I install ACE2b without conflict with my Indivision ECS?

Yes.

The funny shape of the ACE2b board (as if a corner has been bitten off) is making room for Indivision ECS (all versions) on the Rev.6 A2000 computers.

B)Does the package include everything needed?

No.

The package contains ACE2b with Agnus, memory and Gary-adapter (pre-mounted and tested), but tools for installation are not included. You'll need a flat screwdriver for lifting Gary out of it's socket, and a PLCC chip puller to get the old Agnus out of it's socket.

I run OS3.2 and I have an 60830 GVP series combo II accelerator/SCSI host (8mb)

No problem with ACE2b.

Jens

• I read it operates in ntsc mode?

It's an NTSC Agnus, but that only means that will *start* in NTSC mode. All ECS Agnus types can software-switch between PAL and NTSC - either in the early startup menu (press space) or by selecting the desired mode in prefs.

Jens