JENS Aminet issue!

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • -JENS (YELLING)

How do I get rid of the Aminet icon on workbench screen. I can't move it; I can't delete it!

I don't want Aminet starting every time I reboot! I want to start it whenever I want.

:P;(<X:thumbdown::evil:

• I bought Aminet from u and you sent me an install file which put the icon to start Aminet and I can't remove or put it in another folder. I don't want the network started a bootup.

• Jens

I made a mistake it is AmiTCP-api-30b2. I will re install my WB with an older pre network backup and start from scratch getting my network working.

I found AmiTCP on OS3.5 CD and I hope it will solve my issue. I believe this is what I used when I upgraded to OS3.5 and was able to get my network running.

Did you read my SCSI issue not detecting my drives unless I installed the 3 terminating RP on my motherboard. I now can mount my SCSI wide 68 pin to my A3000 using a 68 to 50 pin adapter. I was terminating the drives using the drive jumper settings which is what the SCSI requires, and I couldn't detect the drives. I do have the latest SCSI chip version 16.

I bought 2 A3000T that were used for video production using the VideoToaster 4000, TBC, Toaster Flyer and 6 hard drive cablet with 6 SCSI HDs two of which were HUGE and heavy 5.25 inch full height Seagate drives which still work. These A3000t were a garage for 20 years fullof mouse droppings and urine. After washing the MB and rinsing them with distilled water and drying them, both MB work great, the batteries had minor leakage, so no damage was done to the boards, and I replaced them. So now I have 3 A3000T all working. I ordered your new Buddha IDE adapter so I can install HD and CD/DVD r/w drive. Now I am looking for an A4000 to complete my big box Amigas.

• Our network install disk contains a newer AmiTCP version than the free 3.0 version you're quoting. You probably have two versions mixed up, which always causes trouble.

Did you read my SCSI issue

I've read it, but I don't see a relation to any iComp product.

Jens

• I installed a backup of my OS before I installed network software, whatever was causing the issue is gone and I can start from scratch.

It was the installer you provided to help me get it installed. I will look for it.