ACA1234 On Amiga OS 3.2.2.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello ,

I have not purchased the ACA 1234 card yet , but i am very interested.

It seems that using the ACA1234 with 3.2.2. installed could give the requester message ;

"you need to install a CPU/MMU library"

It is advised to not install the library as that causes more problems than it will ever solve.

And that it is easy to remove it from the startup-sequence.

I found in the start up sequence the following:

; -----------CPU Checkinstall Section ---------

FailAt 31

CPU checkinstall

SET temp1 $RC

If VAL $temp1 EQ 30

ECHO “”

ASK “press the RETURN key to resume booting into a restricted area”

Execute S: Startup-failsafe

Quit

EndIf

If VAL $temp1 EQ 5

ECHO “””

ASK “press the RETURN key to resume booting”

EndIf

UNSET temp1

; ----------- end of CPU checkinstall Section ---------

I’ll guess this is the cause for the nagging requester? So if I want to disable this I can delete this passage or put an “;” in front of the line? Will this mean in front of every line in this passage?

So there is no CPU check anymore. Will this mean that the OS3.2.2. wont recognize any CPU in my system? Or will the card automatically handle this issue ?

Also , I have read that the card have an 3.1 rom build in. Will there be a conflict with my build in 3.2 roms in my motherboard? And if so what can I do about that ?

forgive my ignorance😉 and many questions. After al these years I am working hard to get used to the Amiga system again. And I want to be sure that I can overcome any troubleshooting with this new card.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Ricardo

• Yes, but Jens mentioned that with the installing of the Mulibs package problems can get worse…

Well I ordered yesterday the aca1234 card and I will see it by myself . Can’t wait !