ACA1234 - not working after moving A1200 into a new case

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi

My ACA1234 (order 105362) has stopped working after I moved my A1200 into a new case. The A1200 boots up to workbench correctly without the ACA1234 installed. As soon as I plug the accelerator in the A1200 doesn't power on. The power led doesn't come on and there is no activity at all from the Amiga.

I'd be grateful for any help you can give.

Regards

Rob

• Please double-check the connector for any bent pins: Some A1200 boards do not have a chamfered edge, which damages the connector. However, this is a rare case - the more likely cause is a contact problem, and you should just follow the hints that are given in the instruction sheet: Pull the card out by 1-2mm and re-start the computer. Most, if not all accelerators on the planet (not just iComp's) will fail to start if pushed in all the way.

Jens

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.