Indivision aga mk3 a1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi

I am considering to buy the indivision aga mk3 to improve the poor picture quality i get using rgb to hdmi using a upscaler on my modern tv.

Does the card auto initialise itself now from a cold boot ? I saw a utube video a from a year ago suggesting you have to run the config tool from a floppy each time to get the card to be recognised , which i dont want to have to do ..

regards

Tim

• Does the card auto initialise itself now from a cold boot ? I saw a utube video a from a year ago suggesting you have to run the config tool from a floppy each time to get the card to be recognised , which i dont want to have to do ..

Indivisino AGA MK3 (as well as it's predecessor) has a flash ROM that stores the configuration. This is loaded automatically at power-up, no extra software needed.

What you've seen in that video is most likely one of the very few cases where the unit doesn't start at all from a cold boot, and the customer is running a "reset" tool which was published in this forum. The computers where this problem occurs are extremely rare - so far, the product has been available for over three years, and not a single one has surfaced in "mainland Europe" - until this week! One unit is in eastern Germany, and the customer agreed to help reproducing the error, so we can finally get to the bottom of it.

That said, the probability of the same thing happening at your place is very small. So far, we have less than five report of this problem, and there's an intermediate solution for it, so it appears like people are still OK with it, as it's just a tool you need to insert into your startup sequence (using the rescue disk is also an option, but not required).

Jens

• Thanks Jens

Thats reassuring to know- ill put an order in shortly.

One issue i suffer from with my current rgb to scart cable and scart to hdmi converter/upscaler into my modern display is the interference where the display whilst clear, suffers from waves of interference that go on and off - possible from the power source of the upscaler although i dont know for sure.

presumably this interference doesnt exisit when using the aga mk3?

kind regards

Tim

• Thanks for confirming Jens .

I shall be placing an order today for one. Looking forward to being able to use my a1200 on my regular modern display with good quaility.. it looks simple to install too which is great !

regards

Tim

• I have placed an order Jens, looking forward to receiving it.

i have had the rf modulator removed on my revision 1b board and wondering if you have any mounting options for the hdmi board there that comes with the indivision aga as an additional option alongside the option to mount it to the top right corner of the machine..

best regards

Tim

• Just installed the lovely looking "purple" edition mk3 in to my Rev 1b A1200 this morning - powered it up and wow - what a fantastic clear image through HDMI - i'm blown away. Even in the regular default resolution without me configuring anything..

I'll download the config tool this afternoon and take a look..

I had to plug some speakers into the RCA jacks as i understand that Audio over HDMI isnt switched on by default ?

Is there a way to find out what firmware im on currently ?

• I had to plug some speakers into the RCA jacks as i understand that Audio over HDMI isnt switched on by default ?

Right - that's because we don't advertise it, and if Audio is switched on, you have a compatibility problem with DVI-only displays. So the default config is "audio off", and you'll need the config tool for making a change.

Some settings can be changed (but not saved/persisted) using live config.

Is there a way to find out what firmware im on currently ?

The OSD should display version information if I remember right.

Jens

• Thanks for the advice.

This Card is an amazing thing, thanks so much for developing it.. I can enjoy my machine 30 years on with a modern display and the quality is just fantastic..