AGA MK3 black screen

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I tagged Stefan Burstrom on Twitter (don't have any other contact details) - let's see if he answers. Would it be OK for you if I publish the link to the video on Twitter?

Jens

• Yeah I don't mind. But today I was doing more Pistorm32 testing and found after applying the latest nightly emu68 build the AGA MK3 display seems to be doing this even on trivial things like opening / closing windows. Reverting to the older emu68 build returns the previous behaviour.

So, I do not think this is a MK3 issue.. Jens I wonder, since you are an expert, how on earth can a CPU accelerator influence the Amigas display stability?

• after applying the latest nightly emu68 build the AGA MK3 display seems to be doing this even on trivial things like opening / closing windows. Reverting to the older emu68 build returns the previous behaviour.

how on earth can a CPU accelerator influence the Amigas display stability?

Looks like they hit chip registers that are usually only hit by Alice. Please report this to the Pistorm32 maintainers - they just need to keep their hands off those DMA-only registers.

• I reported it on their Github, the response was:

Emu68 does not hit any registers by itself, as Emu68 provides CPU emulation only. What is hitting registers is AmigaOS...

Besides that - I tried another Web browser last night - Netsurf. Netsurf accessed all the SSL websites without any screen flickering. So perhaps your first theory about IBrowse disabling multitasking was correct.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.