Indivision AGA MK2cr- game screens all shifted to the left ?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Been working fine every day since new and still working great in my Amiga 1200 Tower but yesterday for some reason all my game screens are shifted to the left?

My workbench screen isn't affected at all only game screens...I'm running the HD720 screen mode on my 1920x1090 monitor. Running OS3.2 roms with OS3.2.1.

Already tried reflashing but same issue.

• ah well I don't know what I did because I never saved anything but now I've got a black screen problem and only can boot up with my Amiga monitor....tried deleting indivision config files from envarc but still getting black screen...is there anyway to set my MK2cr to default settings from shell as I can only boot with my OS3.2 install disk at the moment

• Just download the config tool, it contains the factory-default setting. Unpack that and launch the config tool, then choose "reflash all" from the drop-down menu. This will give you the factory default setting for 1280x1024 screens.

• ok thanks for the quick feedback Jens! I need to boot from my OS3.2 boot disk to see anything on my Amiga monitor and when I try to run the Indi tool I'm getting 'Failed to open Devs:Indivision'? So I tried from shell and same thing?

• If you boot from a floppy, the Indivision tool will not find required files in devs:indivision. Please boot from the media where the Indivision tool is installed, or at least create assigns for the required directory.

• ah yes good ol assigns been a while I've used them so I have no other choice then to boot of a bootbale disk otherwise I'll just get a black screen on my Amiga monitor...so I moved the Indivision tool over to the bootable disk and need some help with my assign

Assign df0:Indivision boot-2:Devs/Indivision

tried other stuff too but nothing ...

• This is my so-far-unreleased attempt for an MK2 recovery disk. It will flash the default config and then re-start the flickerfixer. However, it will *not* double-check if the flicker fixer comes up properly, so you may only get a picture back after a power cycle.

I always wanted to add a little tool that triggers a core-reload, never got around to making that.

• When I experiment and create new profiles for my AGA MK2 I always have a screen connected to RGB because of the black screen issue and not being able to recover without seeing the config tool and adjusting.

A few days ago I messed around and got a black screen. I wrote the recovery tool to a disk and tried it. For me it didn't work. I tried booting it from coldboot aswell. Still a black screen. So I had to connect an RGB monitor to recover. If I'm not mistaken, one of the things that can cause a black screen for me is if I go and hit 'test screenmode' and then hit cancel on the testscreen instead of hitting apply. Then I will get a black screen even if it's a working profile to begin with.

I created my 'perfect' profiles years ago so for me it's not an issue since I almost never mess around with it. And when I do, I always have monitors that works on RGB. This recovery tool is a nice addition though. Clearly it worked for f1lupo.

• When I experiment and create new profiles for my AGA MK2 I always have a screen connected to RGB because of the black screen issue and not being able to recover without seeing the config tool and adjusting.

You can avoid that by testing a mode first.

A few days ago I messed around and got a black screen. I wrote the recovery tool to a disk and tried it. For me it didn't work. I tried booting it from coldboot aswell. Still a black screen. So I had to connect an RGB monitor to recover.

Did the RGB monitor show anything special when running the recovery disk? Flashing itself should work, as the tool is the same. It's just that launching the FPGA is not triggered everytime, but that can be done with a power cycle. So my best guess is that you didn't wait for flashing to be fully completed.

• You can avoid that by testing a mode first.

Did the RGB monitor show anything special when running the recovery disk? Flashing itself should work, as the tool is the same. It's just that launching the FPGA is not triggered everytime, but that can be done with a power cycle. So my best guess is that you didn't wait for flashing to be fully completed.

I did not have a RGB monitor connected at the time of using the recovery disk. I waited until the disk was finished accessing and then waited some more. I will definetely do some more testing. btw, I'm using the old firmware for my AGA MK2 as the later one gave me artifacts. Not that it probably matters

• Update:

So I connected the RGB monitor to the RGB connector. And my regular DVI monitor to my AGA MK2. First of all I could not generate a blackscreen this time by pressing 'test mode' and then 'cancel'. Tried many times. Then I messed with the vertical frequency until I got a black screen and could not recover. Even after a coldboot.

Of course I had my picture on the RGB screen while the DVI screen still had a black screen. Then I inserted the AGA MK2 recovery disk in DF0: and I rebooted my A1200. Disk started accessing and I got a picture on my RGB screen where it showed the tool flashing 7 cores. After that finished I did another soft reboot. And this time it worked. I once again got a picture on my DVI screen and could load my saved profiles.

So the recovery disk seems to work just fine. Very handy tool to have

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.