PS/2 to USB Adapters for Keyboard and Mouse

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I've thought about doing this in the past but surely it wouldn't work as there really isn't anything to make it work. Most "ps/2 to usb" or "usb to ps/2" converters you see (pretty much all of them) for sale today work only in one direction and that's wrong way round - they convert PS/2 to USB. What would be needed on the TC64 is USB to PS/2 "the other way round". And unfortunatly that seems to be very rare and expensive.

KVMs for sale today seem to be all about HDMI and USB ports these days as ps/2 ports and vga ports are obsolete.

I have a vauge memory of finding a real usb to ps/2 converter for sale but that was a *long* time ago and it cost a fortune.

Only modern solution I can think of is this, and it would need to be built;

https://github.com/No0ne/ps2x2pico

ljones