Indivision MK3 AGA on Amiga 4000

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I have recently gotten the Indivision MK3 AGA for the Amiga 4000. I installed it today and works great. The problem I have is that I can't put the Live Config socket on U350 as it is in a socket itself.

Is there a way to trigger the Live Config screen using the 4 wires and not soldering it to the motherboard - using a momentary switch or something like that?

I have checked the MK3 AGA sections, but most of the articles are geared towards the A1200.

Thanks!,

Brad.

• The "not soldering on the main board" part is problematic. Indivision AGA MK3 will decode the keyboard data stream, so it needs access to KBclock and KBData signals. Further, it looks at mouse movement, which is available on the Lisa chip. However, the left mouse button can't be seen on the Lisa chip, which is why a thirs line is required from the CIA chip.

The fourth line is the power LED signal - this is used to switch audio filters on/off, and only used for re-creation of the audio signal for the HDMI stream. You may skip on that if you are getting audio from the direct output of your A4000.

If you want to avoid soldering on the main board, you could get the signals from the external connectors for keyboard and mouse - it will work the same as if the CIA adapter is installed, but it won't look that nice, as you have to put adapters in between.

It is not possible to invoke the live config by just a push button. The product is really geared towads using the keyboard and mouse.

• OK, thanks for explaining that. :) Where would I solder to the A4000 motherboard or is there an article somewhere with suggested spots? It is not my preferred method, but I can do it.

• I'd have to consult the schematics myself. You only need to follow the four signals:

- Fire0 (left mouse button)

- LED

- KBClock

- KBData

Luckily, the three key signals for keyboard and left mouse button, are on the ports, so you don't have to solder on an SMD component. However, taking the board out of the case will be a major pain.

I'd have to check if the LED signal can be taken from the LED header. There's a 50% chance that it has the right polarity. Let me know if you want to use audio over HDMI at all.

• Hi Jens,

No, I think I will just get audio from the jacks at the back. I have done a quick check myself, please can you double check.

1 - FIRE0 - CIA Pin 10 - ECR977 (rear)

2 - PWRLED - CIA Pin 3 - U304

3 - KBCLK - CIA Pin 44 - U205

4 - KBDAT - CIA Pin 43 - U140

Would these locations be right?

Thanks,

Brad.

• Please understand that I can't possible verify if a 3rd party website shows the correct signal names. The good part is that the signals are pure inputs to Indivision AGA MK3, so even if you feed the wrong signals, the worst thing that can happen is that it doesn't work.

I figure you've found the pictures with the four signal names of Indivision in the other thread? Forum complains if I re-attach them here :-)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.