Brand new Indivision AGA MK3 Slow refresh rate

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I've just received and installed the Indivision AGA MK3 on my A4000.

Been playing around with the display modes - not an easy task - and arrived to a mode I'm happy with. However the refresh rate is quite poor and I've seen others with no issues when it comes to this using the Indivision AGA MK3. Here is a video:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/y_44O3AYhv8

My cureent config is an Amiga 4000 with 2MB Fast RAM plus 16MB RAM, A3660 with a 68060 clocked at 50Hz.

Is there something I''m doing wrong? Do I need more memory?

I've attached my current resolution, any ideas are welcome!

Thank you

Nuno

• Is there something I''m doing wrong? Do I need more memory?

You're not doing anything wrong - this is expected behaviour if you have a very high resolution (S-Hires is the highest the AGA chipset can go), combined with a high number of colours - this looks like you have 16 colours enabled. With this amount of data, the AGA chipset requires almost all memory time slots for displaying, and only has a few left in the sync periods to do any changes. Both CPU and Blitter have to wait for these free time slots to execute any changes to the display.

Indivision is a flicker fixer, not a gfx card - however, you can gain a lot of speed by reducing to 8 colours.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.