G64 compatability

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • So any plans to further improve G64 compatability? Maybe up to the standards of Vice?

As it stands now many G64 games I've tried do not load. Today I tried a few and Katakis, Out Run, Out Run Europa, Turbo Outrun, Pirates! and Turrican 2 did not load up. Turrican 2 got to the menu screen then crashed after I hit fire to load the first level. I did try the same Turrican 2 G64 in Vice and there it did work. I have a large archive of G64 games and only tried a few of them. But many seems to not work on my TC64V2s. Of course running the latest firmware.

It's not a huge deal, as one can run cracked versions of all these games but would be nice to have close to 100% cycle exact 1541 II operation. Or on pair with the latest Vice versions.

• The goal is of course 100% cycle exactness in every aspect.

However, we work on different things when we can justify spending more time on them, and the more things are fixed the longer fixing the remaining bits will take

• The goal is of course 100% cycle exactness in every aspect.

However, we work on different things when we can justify spending more time on them, and the more things are fixed the longer fixing the remaining bits will take

Understandable. Otherwise the compatability seems very high. It's hard to find demos not working

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.