Disable aca5000plus cpu

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

Is it possible to have an option to disable the cpu on the ACA500Plus and use the motherboard cpu whilst retaining the other ACA500Plus features?

I think I've asked Jens something similar. I don't think it's possible to disable the CPU in the ACA 500 Plus. But if you clock it down to 7MHz it will run the same as the original CPU. So no need to unplug he ACA 500 Plus for compatability. There are some nice profiles for running stock A500 aswell. CPU can be clocked up or down in the global settings menu.

However, if you have A1200 accelerators plugged into your ACA 500 Plus I believe Jens said that the only accelerator, currently on the market that supports cloak mode is the ACA 1233n. So it can be turned off from the ACA 500 Plus menu.

• The idea is to use the ACA500Plus alongside something like the PiStorm or the Buffee.

That won't work. The ACA500plus is designed to be plugged to the A500 directly, and it expects the 68000 in the host computer to be idle all the time. There is no way that these can work together, unless PiStorm is made as an A1200 accelerator.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.