Indivision ECS stopped working

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, My Indivision ECS V1 has suddenly stopped working.

Last thing I did was try to run ADoom v1.4 in Graffiti/Indivision mode.

The screen flashed alot. I did not check the firmware version before I did this. I am not sure what Firmware version it is.

When I restarted I get nothing.

I cant see it in the flash tool either.

I dont think its detected/working at all. The flash tool can not see it all.

Is there anyway to reflash without detection. I can see the V2 has an ADF for flashing.

Thanks Roger
  • Software for Indivision ECS V1 is divided into a flash tool and a config tool. The flash tool is what you need in this case. It takes the large (about 1MByte) file and allows writing it into the flash. You will most likely lose your config, but I guess that's better than seeing nothing at all at the moment.

Since you still have a Denise in the system, the DB23 and monochrome outputs of the Amiga should still work - you can connect an "emergency monitor" there.

• Hi Jens, Thanks for reply. Yes I have a RGB scart connected and always have.

I've loaded the flash tool GUI and its not detecting the ECS at all.

Is there some way to force a flash or have this ECS v1 broken ?

It is connect through a a604 (not a a604n).

Thanks Roger

• If it's not detected, then the flash chip is not seen (Indivisino detection is solely though the flash chip ID). So I have to assume that either the Xilinx chip is dead, or (unlikely, but not impossible) the flash chip is dead.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.