Indivision MK3 RMA request

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • This may be something simple like a cold solderjoint on Lisa. Did you own any flicker fixer before this, or did you install/remove this unit a few times?

• Never had one before, I have only removed this once just to reseat it, I would think if there was an issue with the Lisa I would have issues with the other video sources, (Composite and RGB) work fine. It seems to be isolated to this unit.

• Since composite and RGB-out get their sync signals from Alice, and Indivision AGA MK3 has to "re-build" it's sync signals from chipset communication, there's a good chance that an RGA line is bad. This will still let Lisa function normally, it's just that the Strobe addresses don't arrive there - Lisa does not care about them if I remember right.

Where on the planet are you?

• I reflowed the Lisa and same results, there seems to be an issue with the mk3 board, if I slightly push on the end near the ribbon cable it works. as soon as I let go of it I loose video. The IndivisionAGAmk3-1.9 software sees the mk3 when I am in composite mode. But it appears the signal(s) aren't getting from the mk3 to the HDMI

• Mine is doing the same thing "Hardware not found" However, if I flash the firmware, it does turn on and display an image! Problem is, if I power down, it loses the hardware again. I have to flash it every time to Turn it on. What's up? Amiga 1200 NTSC

• Mine is doing the same thing "Hardware not found"

That's far from "the same" as dkier81 is reporting. I'll take this as resolved, taking your other posts from last night into account.

dkier81 If you write that touching the cable makes a difference, could it be the cable and it's routing? There have been cases where the cable was damaged because it's squeezed between the lower shield and the floppy drive.

• That's far from "the same" as dkier81 is reporting. I'll take this as resolved, taking your other posts from last night into account.

dkier81 If you write that touching the cable makes a difference, could it be the cable and it's routing? There have been cases where the cable was damaged because it's squeezed between the lower shield and the floppy drive.

There isn't any physical damage to the cable, You went from a cold solder joint on the Lisa to a damaged cable. It is not just when I touch the cable but also the board near the cable connector. But you have not entertained it could be a bad (defective) device. I am on the verge of contacting PayPal and let them sort it out.

• You went from a cold solder joint on the Lisa to a damaged cable.

I can only work with what you tell me - it's the nature of remote diagnostics.

Since each and every unit that leaves here must pass a single unit test, the "defective device" assumption is always the last. However, if there is no visible damage on the cable and moving the board itself also makes the fault (dis-)appear, it indeed looks like we need to take a look at it here. Please ship it back with USPS, and please clearly declare this as return goods, worth less than 5 dollars (as it's defective!). We'll cover the postage fees.

• That's far from "the same" as dkier81 is reporting. I'll take this as resolved, taking your other posts from last night into account.

Right, you are right, I was having the same message, but not the same symptoms - e.g. touching it didn't fix it.

• Correct - I had a few conversations on the phone with customs guys, and we ultimately found out that someone decided to ship it out after I've sent the paperwork, but he didn't complete the internal paperwork to show that. So yes, it's here and it'll get it's repair timeslot either tomorrow, or next week.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.