Lyra 3 on A1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello, I bought on the Alinea Computer a Lyra 3 keyboard interface for A1200 that does not work as expected.
    At the start of my A1200 the keyboard is not recognized, I have to reset one twice before the keypad LEDs lights up.
    My configuration ROM 3.2 Vampire V2 1200 Dell keyboard SK-8110 PS2.
    A1200 in tower case, do you have an idea to solve the problem

• I'm not sure if I understand this correctly - does it work after resetting the machine, or is the computer being kept from starting?

hello, Yes the Lyra interface works very well after having done 1 or 2 reset.

• That means that two conditions are already met: 1) Lyra3 has found the init sequence of the internal keyboard controller and 2) communication with the PS2 keyboard is established.

In other words: There should be nothing that keeps the computer from starting. Lyra vertainly has no reason to do so, as the major preconditions for working are met.

Would be interesting to see how it behaves with a different accelerator.

• That means that two conditions are already met: 1) Lyra3 has found the init sequence of the internal keyboard controller and 2) communication with the PS2 keyboard is established.

In other words: There should be nothing that keeps the computer from starting. Lyra vertainly has no reason to do so, as the major preconditions for working are met.

Would be interesting to see how it behaves with a different accelerator.

Hi, I can do a test with a mongoose 68030/50 MHz DKB.

• Hi Jens

Here is the result of my tests
    After Power On, the Lyra3 interface works without reset, on a base A1200 and with the DKB 68030/50 MHz card.
    With the vampire v2 I always need to make at least one reset for the interface to be recognized.
    Tests with the ROM 3.2 EPROM on the motherboard except for the Vampire V2 which uses a flash ROM memory.
    The startup with the Vampire is very fast, has the problem can be

• The startup with the Vampire is very fast, has the problem can be

That's what I guessed - Lyra does start very fast as well, but needs a bit of time to go through it's self-test, which starts in less than 0.1s after the input voltage has crossed the 4.64V threshold. It will then start looking for the initial key sequence that the A1200 keyboard controller sends. If the accelerator ACKs these bytes before Lyra has detected all other preconditions, it'll wait forever.

Adding a few tenths of a second to the startup time of Vampile will solve this.

• It's not "self-test", but waiting for the initial "keys held" communication, which you MUST wait for before the lines between keyboard controller and CIA can be used by a third party.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.