ACA500plus

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I want to buy this interface card

I have little trouble to get full docs about this card and A1200 cpu card.

Can You send me for e-mail full docs.

Block diagram, schemtaics, memory map of full computer with all card installed together, list of devices, I/O ports in RAM, interrupts, DMA, IDE controller, which one ultra ATA, all registers of chipset of the ACA500plus and some information how2work that card with 3 host buses on 3 different speed frequences?

Can You compare that construction to Amiga 3000 with chipsets like SuperDMAC, Ramsey, Amber, SuperBuster, FatGary and 32 bit ZorroIII slots?

I want to use at least card with this features:

33MHz Host Bus

128 MB RAM

2 contrllers IDE (EIDE) UltraATA/33 pio compatible

68030 at 33MHz

I have heard about E-MATRIX 530 by DCE but now it is impossible to wherever buy it!

Can You help me?

• I have little trouble to get full docs about this card and A1200 cpu card.

Can You send me for e-mail full docs.

What else is there to know? Plug the card in, enjoy higher speed and more memory :-)

Block diagram, schemtaics, memory map of full computer with all card installed together, list of devices, I/O ports in RAM, interrupts, DMA, IDE controller, which one ultra ATA, all registers of chipset of the ACA500plus and some information how2work that card with 3 host buses on 3 different speed frequences?

Schematics are not open. There is no DMA. However, all the other requested information is open here:

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/ACA500plus_registers

Can You compare that construction to Amiga 3000 with chipsets like SuperDMAC, Ramsey, Amber, SuperBuster, FatGary and 32 bit ZorroIII slots?

You can reach A3000 performance, but you won't have a SuperDMAC, Amber or Z3 slots.

DMA is not really required, as we are reaching higher transfer speeds using PIO transfer. IDE slots are outdated; we chose to only use CF cards, as they are much larger and cheaper than harddrives have been in the haydays of the Amiga.

We don't have any 33MHz 68030 accelerator, and if you're looking for 128MB RAM, then the ACA1233n-55 is your best bet.

For additional connectivity, I suggest using the X-Surf-100 networking card; that will give you the possibility to use a NAS or even internet-connected storage as a replacement for IDE drives that you can't connect to the ACA500plus.

• Thanks for docs!

I am very happy about this!!!

It looks very good! I am very interesred in.

Now I have all docs about ACA500plus and ACA1233n.

Could we, as customers, count on new version of ACA series devices

with SSD 2,5 hd and CD-ROM drive controller additional to CF card readers /on PCMCIA interface I suppose, as device desribed " friendly ".

CF cards readers are very good idea. I like it.

And last question:

Why ACA1233n supports 26,67Mhz speed instead of 28MHz master clock's speed? Why don't You choose 28Mhz of Master clock of Amiga 500?

• Could we, as customers, count on new version of ACA series devices

with SSD 2,5 hd and CD-ROM drive controller additional to CF card readers /on PCMCIA interface I suppose, as device desribed " friendly ".

I consider CD-drives legacy. All the CDs and collections for the Amiga fit on a single CF card that's "a few ten EUR", so cheaper than the drive itself. Why would we develop something more expensive, less-performant?

Same for PCMCIA: The ACA500plus allows connecting the X-Surf-500, so the only other use for a PCMCIA slot (apart from mass-storage) is alreadfy covered, and network is much faster on the ACA500plus than using a PCMCIA networking card.

Why ACA1233n supports 26,67Mhz speed instead of 28MHz master clock's speed? Why don't You choose 28Mhz of Master clock of Amiga 500?

The ACA1233n is running async to the host system, and the 26.67MHz clock is derived from the 80MHz master clock, which is ideal for the SD-Ram controller.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.