Posts by PascalDe73

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hi,

1) I want to have a personalisate Name when I flash a new Kickstart Rom

Actually when I flash an empty user Rom image, I obtain User ROM# But I want to have a personnal Name.

acaflashrom program 1 256 kick.rom what else to obtain a personnalisate name ? How can I obtain It , Please ?

2) Is it possible to see the history of Your Firmware versions ? (what change between firmware versions)

Many Thanks,:)

Best regards,

Pascal

In this attach 3 info screens about my SYSTEM

Information about my ACA500 PLUS ROM v0.135 Dismo V1.7 dec-20-2016

A500 Rev.6A PAL ECS (512K+ 512k in Trapdoor with RTC directly on Trapdoor)

Best regards,

Pascal

hi, You Can find in attach differents config that i used to try Platoon each files "a" are config file and "b" files are problems with that config...

I tried different config the error screen arrives either directly when playing or after a few minutes of play. Only config n ° 7 never crashes the game but only @ 28 MHz.

3 Zip files Part1, Part2, Part3

Best regards,

Pascal

Hi, I have try this platoon game with all differents options ... Nothing works... Except if I change the game speed @ 28 Mhz... same way as A500 Profil with speed up @28 Mhz...

Hi,

Many thanks for Your answer...

This post was only to inform you of the real problem with Platoon game and to

to get feedback from other ACA500PLUS users

About the same problem with WHDLoad slave, I personnaly alerted CodeTrapper, who wrote the Platoon slave for WHDLoad.

He is looking for a solution to try to make the Game compatible on the ACA500Plus but he cannot promise me anything.

Personally I find that the ACA500PLUS remains a very good product ....

I would still like to know if there is a way to completely neutralize the ACA500PLUS without having to physically remove it from the computer. If it is not already programmed, don't you think it would be interesting to include a similar function in the firmware in order to guard against possible others problems.

Best Regards,

Pascal

Hi,

Finally I return to You to explain something...

After few months and multi tries, I finish to play with Platoon game on my ACA500PLUS without any problems.

In fact, this game only works correctly with a CPU SPEED @28Mhz, I tested it at @7, @14,@21 (A500 Built-in Profiles at in Expert Options for WHDLOAD.

With WHDLOAD v18.5 & OS 3.1.4.1 with the latest slave of this game it's the same way... only at speed @28 MHZ can play this game without any messages errors from WHDLOAD environemt.

But I can't usually use my ACA500PLUS @28 MZH because other problems with others games on that speed.

If You want You can Try Yourself, You can download the game on IPF file on convert it HFEv3 to mount it on a Gotek Drive with firmware HXC or FF... Cortex firmware can't use HFEV3 file....

(link removed) to download the game (US version but it works with PAL or NTSC)... I have try to with my Original Game Disk (PAL Version Hit Squad)....

(link removed) to convert IPF file on HFEv3 file

But I can tell You that it's anormal to play with this game @28 MHZ because if I completely remove my ACA500Plus the game works with the same A500 68000 @7MHZ...

As I have a second ACA500PLUS on a other A500 Rev 6A with the same config and OS , I tested it too but with the same results...

In that case, I think that there is a problem with ACA500PLUS firmware because all other games works @ normal speed @14 MHZ.

my config is A500 REV 6A (512+512k TRAPDOOR) WITH ONLY ACA500PLUS AND WITHTOUT ANY OTHERS additional card... Firmware 0.135 from (september 30th, 2019) for my both ACA500PLUS.

I hope that You will resolve my problem with an updated Firmware.

Many Thanks,

Best regards,

Pascal

I Have try all possibilities with option on/off in the cloaking mode for the game platoon but nothing works... same crash page... The only way to play with platoon is to remove my ACA500PLUS... so I play it on my A1200 with WDHLOAD. with that solution the game platoon works perfectly...

Code
    1. Hello, on my 2 Aca500plus the platoon game never works (CRASH WITH WHITE SCREEN) as well the original floppy disk into original drive or with the game under WHDLoad but without ACA500PLUS the game works correctly with of course orginal disk...
    2. With Orginal Disk in DF0 drive on my A500 Rev6.A with Kickcstart 1.3, I Use Standard A500 Profile Menu with Kickstart 1.3 with 512+512k. When you start the game in the jungle after a few seconds this message start and you need to restart the amiga.
    3. With WHDLOAD at game start this message will come :
    4. Exception "Illegal Instruction" ($E010) at $8766 occurred .... but with my real A1200 all works correctly...