Posts by angelo.carzis

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Jens,

Here's an update...

I installed the shipping DOM module back into port 1 and tried to install wb on this new 32 gb cf card. It would detect the card but computer would hand on the loading ffs screen. I believe it's a cf card compatibility issue. This is a lexar brand card. I shall try with some other brand, once I have one.

I have no problem installing wb on a 120gb sata ssd using an ide->sata converter. I can live with this. No need for the 32gb CF card.

I'm just curious as to why it's not working. I'm guessing CF card compatibility issues.

Jens,

Here's an update...

I installed the shipping DOM module back into port 1 and tried to install wb on this new 32 gb cf card. It would detect the card but computer would hand on the loading ffs screen. I believe it's a cf card compatibility issue. This is a lexar brand card. I shall try with some other brand, once I have one.

Did you double-check the version number with the version command? It should be V52.101.

If you've had the old Elby software before, you may need to change the device in HDinsttools to "buddhascsi.device" instead of "scsi.device" (I don't remember if this is in the tooltypes or later in the program itself).

Jens,

Version: I verified this. The version is indeed 52.101

HDInstTools: the device is specified by the tooltype. buddhascsi.device is what I am using.

Terrible Fire 534 (68030, 4mb on board zorro 3 ram), ram68k 8mb ram module (on 68000 socket), ZZ9000 rtg

Buddha IDE, purchased approx July of this year.

My current setup is a 4Gb CF card connected via an IDE to CF converter. It works fine.

I'm using Amiga OS 3.1 with a 68030 accelerator.

I want to attach a secondary 32Gb CF card to the same port (2nd connector of IDE cable).

In another thread, Jens mentioned don't use HDToolBox rather use HDInstTools.

Well, when I launch this app, it starts scanning for changes and hangs there.

Any suggestions?

Jens, your products are great and I for one would buy any '030/40/60 accelerator that you make for the A2000.

We A2000 owners are always being left out. It's tough finding an A2630 at a decent price and add the memory module we're looking at some serious $$. And everything else currently out there has a limited amount of fast ram.

I was merely stating that the Buddha works fine with a ram expansion Zorro card.

I do not own a TF534. I am actually trying to find a zorro accelerator (because I want to get an RTG card) but it's not easy - they are rare and fairly expensive. (It's looking that a vampire v4 is the best solution in my case)

I was getting the impression that the Buddha is not working with your ram card.

Was I wrong? Is it that the Buddha just refuses to work with the TF?

Here's an update:

I plugged the DOM back in. The computer now boots into WB. All is fine!

But there's a dependency on the DOM being present.

Hmnn. Something doesn't look right.

I think I'll try reformatting the drive with the drive jumper on the IDE to SATA adapter set to 'cable select'.

I successfully formatted a 120GB SSD (with the use of an IDE to SATA adapter) to 100GB.

I initially had problems but realized the SSD needs to be set as slave.

After formatting, I removed the DOM and opened the jumper. The drive will not boot.

I tried placing the drive on either of the Buddha ports and tried both the master/slave drive jumper.

(BTW, is there a default Buddha port or it does not matter)

Will the flash update help?

I have an Amiga 2000 with no keyboard. I just purchased a Buddha and can't test it yet because my Lyra 3 hasn't arrived yet (I didn't buy it from Jens, my mistake). My A2000 has an Adram 2080 RAM card with 4/8 Mb populated. I have an IDE to SATA converter and my goal is to set up a small 120gb sata ssd as the main drive.

I'll post back compatibility with my setup once I have this up and running - I'm hoping the Lyra arrives sometime before the weekend.

Jens,

Any chance the ACA1221ec can be made to work on an A2000?

I am trying to find an accelerator for my A2000 (nostalgia got the best of me) but this is proving difficult.

I would rather have a Zorro type card (Supra, etc ...) rather than cpu-stacked/card extender type cards but getting a real Zorro based card can be tough and expensive.

All I see now are people building cpu stacked accelerators.

The ACA1221ec is reasonable priced if it would be A2000 compatible.

Thank-you.