Posts by JanBlomqvist

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Hi again, only 1 and 5 can hold 1024 KB roms on the ACA500+ and it worked both to Join the files and to flash them, however noone of the two tested roms worked.

Because the behaviour of the burned roms appeared first in the slot 7 and then in slot 5 i guess the content of the roms shows where the first is and that it ends after the first 512KB I believe the jioned rom needs to be edited somehow to get the resr of the 512Kb to work.

Hi again Jens, thanks for your advice, yes, the Join worked right, both the files that I joined

Code
    1. join aros-amiga-m68k-ext.bin aros-amiga-m68k-rom.bin AS aros-amiga-m68k-1MB.bin
    2. and
    3. join aros-amiga-m68k-rom.bin aros-amiga-m68k-ext.bin AS aros-amiga-m68k-1MB

Both worked with out any problems, but the try that had the "aros-amiga-m68k-rom.bin" last (as you suggested) landed at slot 7 but when it was first it landed at slot 5 as expected (the "ext" would in my mind be last and the "rom" should be where the ACA500+ would in my mind look for the beginning in that file. The ACA however didn't notice the last part probably because some kind of "end bit/byte" in the first file or something like it.

Hi, thanks for the tip, though I couldn't get it to work, I tried both as you typed it and the other way around, but it only saw 512K roms in the ACA500+ after flashing them (I flashed it on the slot 5 but as you wrote it it ended up at slot 7 when I switched them around at slot 5) and when I inserted the bootdisk and tried to boot, I was directed into HRMon directly before even the drive started. Any idea of how to solve it? probably just some bits between these two chunk of ROM and it'll work.

/Jan

Hi, I would like to try out AROS on my Amiga 500 with ACA500+ and the ACA1221lc. I have looked for how to do such a thing on the internet but I can't find any instruction on how to do that, can someone direct me in a good way to do this. Om Aminet I've found a bootdisk and the rom, but that rom is split in two so I don't understand howto solve that, the once on Amiga Forever seams to be split too. I wonder perhaps it's possible to join the two into one and insert it in a 1M slot in the ACA500+ but how do I do that in that case.

Then what distribution would work on a m68k machine like this?

Please someone?

/Jan Blomqvist

Yes, the clock port shares address and data lines with the C64. However, the core can find out if it's running in cartridge mode or standalone mode by looking at the Phi2 clock: if it's toggling, it's in C64-cartridge mode. If it's at a fixed level, it's in stand-alone mode. The level then says if a Docking Station is connected or not (see core developer's manual for the actual polarity), so it's vertainly possible to make a core that is not dangerous to a connected C64.

Trouble is that there are no Amiga drivers for the RR-Net networking chip. Since it's not capable of doing IRQs in 8-bit mode, it would require a timer-IRQ for checking regularly if the chip wants "something" to be served network-wise. That would be darn slow, and still require the same amount of development work that the X-Surf drivers took.

So from my side, I can only point to the A1200 Reloaded that we're planing: It'll have 100MBit network as standard.

I think it's really cool to sit on my c64 and run Amiga OS. Just that I would like to be able to do more then just gaming.

A1200 reloaded will be an interesting project do you have any specs on what it will hold?

Christian Vogelgsang did create a fork of the core (for V1 hardware) some time ago which makes the clock port visible to the Minimig, so it's definitely possible - however it can't work while the TC64's connected to a real C64 - and might even be hazardous to a C64, since (if I understand his blog post correctly) the address and data lines are shared between the cartridge connector and the clockport. http://lallafa.de/blog/2013/09…for-chameleon64s-minimig/

I don't know how difficult it would be to solve that issue - or if it's even possible, but I don't currently have any clockport peripherals for testing, so I'll add that one to the "Maybe one day" list.

As for P96/RTG support - it would be great to have this, but it's a tremendous amount of work and the result is likely to be pretty slow since we have just a single 16-bit-wide SDRAM chip to work with.

When it comes to the address and datalines are shared, wouldn't it be equally difficult to do it on the c64 core too then? I'm running networking with my c64 core all the time, so perhaps there are solutions to that problem or it only applies to the minimig core.

When it comes to slow sdram, I can't say very much other then if I had high resolution I could wait a little longer for the otherwise fast screen updates.

Tremendous amount of work would not be good though, perhaps a joint effort would do the trick. I understand the limited time one has to make a family work smoothly. However I would be really happy for it.

Yours sincerely,

Jan Blomqvist

Ah, thanks, that worked, I haven't been able to understand how that function worked before, I would have easier to understand it if that configuration could be set from the drives menu too.

Thanks again.

I have ran the Amiga core for many months, but there are two things I would like to have added for me to use it for anything other then gaming:

Networking through the connected rr-net

Graphics enhanced through for example P96 for higher resolutions that the TC64 supports.

A humble request perhaps for robinsonb5 ... ... please!!!

I have tried to get Sam's Journey to run on the TC64II via the floppy disk images as it says should work on the different pages on the net but no success, I only get a black screen. I have tried many different settings, but I can't get all images to be mounted, just two of them. The solution I have got to work is to disable the disks in the TC64II and run from a SD2IEC. What setting do I need to use to make it run with only the TC64II internal drives?