Posts by espskog

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I have connected my V2 to my Mac with both MiniUSB connectors connected. I installed LibUSB using Brew and I have tried to test the connection with chusb but it just says this:

MacBook-Pro:chameleon-tools-osx espskog$ ./chusb 0

Chameleon USB Client v1.8

No Chameleon found on Bus

initialization failed.

Any hints ?

I am gonna try to compile it, unless someone else more experienced does it first and publishes it, and test. Thanks for the quick reply. I was of course hoping that the chaco-usb connector also would take power from the connected host. I think I have to go and dig out a 2nd mini usb cable :-)

I am trying to flash the new V2 Amigacore but have two questions:

1) I connected the TC64_v2 to my computer using the mini-usb cable on the chaco-connector on the back of the cartridge (left of the vga port). Do I have to supply power to the cartridge as well via the other USB port ?

2) How do I go about and get Chaco running on OSX ? Do I have to compile it myself ? Is there a pre-compiled binary out there I can download ?

Patience guys, it will all take time. The minimig core is the least fun core to port because of how it was written - so it might not happen real soon.

You know us. Eager to test :-)

Are you aiming for a quick port just to get the V1 core running "as is" on the V2 or are you doing further changes ?

This was very interesting reading! Especially nice to read about how it all started out and with the meeting in Eindhoven. I guess it is these memories to think back on that really makes it worth it -- even though you have put down a lot of time.

Thank you so much for sharing this story. Feel free to share more in the future if you come up with funny stories or facts that you guys know would draw a smile on the face of your users :-)

Hi. I am the founder of the FB group for the TC64 and love to update it
    daily to draw a crowd and inform everybody of this fantastic cartridge.

Could you share some fun facts with us about the product, the production process
    or something I can share with the group ?

Keep up the great work.

The ECS Minimig core already has Turbo ChipRAM so you get some of those benefits already. (Zeewolf 2 runs really nicely, for example.)

I'm not making any promises regarding the AGA core because it involves porting not just the chipset design, but also the firmware in the MIST's onboard microcontroller - which the Chameleon has to replicate within the FPGA as a second CPU (which is why it might not fit). For the forseeable future I'll only be tackling the low-hanging fruit - porting the existing ChameleonV1 cores.

Mr. Robinson, how far have you gotten on the ECS-Core task. I am asking so I can inform the group over at FB :-) Everybody is standing in circle around you chanting and ready to throw $-bills at you ;-)

While I do see the smily on your post, there's an important detail that makes it "not so funny": Chemicals don't only enter the human body as food. Mere skin contact may cause health trouble, so it's always a better idea if such complex molecules are "not there at all".

I hear you, and thankful for putting you adding this health aspect to your product. This is Retro eHealth Compliance at its best. Thumbs up!

The problem with this is: there is surely another group of people who like the autofire and want to keep it. And since one thing we dont want to do during developing the chameleon is removing features that once worked, just replacing it is not an option.

Can it be solved with a "true/false" setting in a configfile and that it defaults to autofire, but can be UP as well if set to e.g. false in the configfile ? Is there such a file already which can be used to hold these things ? I am ust throwing out ideas here :)

No, adding another option is something we dont want to do at this point, because we are running out of bits in the control registes.

I understand. Did you discuss internally if the B button could be joy-up instead of autofire ?

Peter has implemented the Y/N now, and i patched the sidplayer :) Once the CIA problems (most visible with the vic20 core) are solved i'll post a test core

NICE :) Did he also change the autofire to "UP" ? Maybe there could be a menu-option to toggle that buttons functionality between JOY-UP and AUTOFIRE ?