Posts by espskog

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up. Now that I can cross off RRNET on the minimig core, my question of course (hehe): is there a way to network the minimig core based of the connectors on the tc / docking ? E.g. a serialport or somethng ?

I know lallafa dig a hack with the clockport on the V1 core using a silversurfer, if I recall correctly, and I am only looking for a way to get online even if it means "slow" speeds (since I will mostly do telnet anyway).

Tips are welcome :)

Thanks for the pics and the info. I've taken the liberty to put it out on the TC Facebook-group so all the users, customers and fans of the TC can enjoy it :) We just turned 600 members, and it's quite a lot more than I imagined it would be when the group was started up :) The product sure has a lot of fans and everybody we talk to loves it.

I am in need to get my TC_V2 online when using the minimig-core, and I read that @lallafa made one for the V1 back in the days which enabled the use of the clockport which is present on the TC. I really want this for my TC-version 2 so that I can hook up a SilverSurfer to get online.

BUT: I my first wish is (since it's xmas now and the time for miracles) that the MiniMig can use the RRNET module in my TC_V2 so I can use e.g. Miami to hook my minimig to a cabled network.

I would love to hear from others who have been in the same thought process :-)

there is no such config file, and the same reasons for why we wont add it apply: we will need a new bit in the config registers, and we'd have to add considerably much new code to the menu system. its one of those things that we might consider once we fixed all (or most) bugs - but not now.

Hi Tobias. Is the Y/N on +/- added to the new i-core ?

ALASTAIR:

GREAT JOB! The OSD now works + the menu is possible to navigate!

BUG FOUND: I see that when I enter workbench, the left + right fire buttons on the CDTV works fine as the left+right mousebuttons. But the arrow

keys do not move the mouse-pointer. When I press ARROW_UP it moves the pointer one pixel down. If I press ARROW_DOWN it moves the pointer one pixel to the right (yep: the switch is set to "mouse" on the CDTV remote).

Also -- when I play Supercars (might be an issue with other games as well) I notice that there is a lag on the buttons. I press the fire button to accellerate, but it doesn't axx until about 0,5-1 second later. Also, if I try to steer with the arrow keys left/right it has the same kind of lag.

Could you see if this is also something which happens on the V1 ?

Hope this helps in debugging :)

Here's a version that fixes the CDTV control pad issues. It's possible to open the OSD using the power button (new for V2 - I'll backport that to V1 at some point).

Things I learned:

• It's vital that the ir_data signal is double-synchronised, otherwise the state machine in the CDTV Controller module gets wedged.
    • Somewhere along the line the order of the joystick direction signals in the CDTV ir module got reversed between the old version in the Minimig sources and the current version.
    • If your project uses the CDTV ir module directly in its toplevel, it's a good idea to disable it in the IO module!

http://retroramblings.net/snap…nimig_tc64v2_20190411.zip

Perfect! I will see if I can test this ASAP. In regards to the buttons (other than power+arrows+fire): Do they serve purpose as well ?

I have a quick question: When I start MiniMig_V2 core on my TC64v2 I cannot use my CDTV remote to do anything. I have to start the OCD menu with the left most hardware button on the cartridge. HOWEVER: When I am in the OCD menu and press the arrow-up on the CDTV, sometimes it jumps down one line. But that is all -- no more reaction. No nothing :)

Question 1: Does the CDTV remote work to go in/out of the OCD on MiniMIg on the TC64V1 ?

Question 2: Are my problems above reproduceable on the iComp Labs (Tobias?) ?

Question 3: Which buttons (if any) on the CDTV remote is supposed to me mapped on the minimig core (what can I expect) ?

//Espen

slot 0 is the chameleon core, you shouldnt update that with anything but the original core from the update :) you can revive it by flashing just that to slot 0 (--flashrbf 0 chameleon_beta9h_v2.rbf rom-menu.bin)

Hehe...I learned the hard way :) All is well -- I reflashed with 9hcore and got it back on track. Then i put the minimig core on slot 1.

I gor slax64 with virtualbox to work...I think. I could see the cham now with chameleon--status

But I flashed core0,1,2,3,4,5 with different cores and now it's no longer booting. I am installing windows so I can do a clean flash of the whole V2 and see if I might have overwritten the C64 core somehow by accident :)

BUT: chacocmd works with virtualbox + usbenabled + chacocmd. I can confirm that.

I am afraid I have tried every trick in the book which I could think of (yep -- root included). I believe I might have to get hold of a windows laptop (even though it does against every fiber in my body to have a MicroSoft OS in the house. I get the shivers by just thinking about it) :-D

Progress is made after a system reboot :) I now see the Chameleon as a USB device:

MacBook-Pro:chameleon-tools-osx espskog$ ioreg -p IOUSB

+-o Root <class IORegistryEntry, id 0x100000100, retain 15>

+-o AppleUSBXHCI Root Hub Simulation@14000000 <class AppleUSBRootHubDevice, id 0x10000030f, registered, matched, act$

+-o Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad@14400000 <class AppleUSBDevice, id 0x100000311, registered, matched, active$

+-o BRCM20702 Hub@14300000 <class AppleUSBDevice, id 0x10000034f, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5 ms), reta$

| +-o Bluetooth USB Host Controller@14330000 <class AppleUSBDevice, id 0x100000381, registered, matched, active, b$

+-o Chameleon@14200000 <class AppleUSBDevice, id 0x1000005fd, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 1$

..But it is still not "there" for chacocmd or chusb tools:

MacBook-Pro:chameleon-tools-osx espskog$ ./chusb 0

Chameleon USB Client v1.8

could not claim interface.

initialization failed.