Posts by lokz

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

If you can't wait for Reloaded, there are ReAmiga boards available for old components transplantation, assuming custom chips are functional on your old mainboard.

Hello. I have some trouble transfering large ISO files over local network.

I tested few things, but I wonder is there a way to use ACA1221LC with limited amount of RAM, like it is possible with FURIA for example?

So I can try to transfer files in full PCMCIA friendly mode and see how it behaves.

So this question is exactly if i can use ACA1221lc with 4mb of ram and how to do it exactly. If not, can such feature be added to ACATOOL at some point?

Thank you in advance.

Well, it is ClassicWB installation at this moment, many unnecessary apps for 3.1.4.
    Plan is to do clean install once I get WB 3.2.

About compiling, that will have to wait for better accelerator or can be done under WinUAE. ;-)

Correct - your WB installation appears to occupy a good bit of fastmem, that's why you "only" have 8.5M free after startup. Still a great chunk of mem to work with. That should allow you to compile even bigger C projects.

hello,

many people write that OS 3.2 removed support for PCMCIA if more that 4mb ram is present. Does this affect ACA1221LC?

I now use it with 3.1.4 and full ram available.

I wonder if I upgrade to 3.2 will all ram be still available?

Thank you.

To finalize this thread. Recently I did hardware PCMCIA fix to my A1200 rev 1D.4 board.
    After that it works and resets correctly every PCMCIA lan card I throw in. I tried with three 3com cards and Genious ME3000II SE.

Bots fine, works fine, resets fine, full ACA1220lc ram available.

I want to stress out that it did not want to work with software reset fix only.

I just wanted to mention if it helps troubleshoot on ICOMP side.

Recently I got another PCMCIA network card, Genious ME3000II SE. That card works with CNET driver form Aminet.
    If I use that card on my Amiga, it boots without any issue and I can connect to internet without having to reseat PCMCIA card.

3com card gave me mentioned issues. I plan to install hardware PCMCIA fix on my A1200, and I will report behavior of both cards after that step.

Dear Timm, then it is time to update your Acatool wiki with this information.

I suspected that PCMCIA booting issues are caused with "slowmem" region (since it boots fine with plain expansion), but no way to do it right now.

Can support for this type of management be expected in some ACA firmware updates for this card?

Thank you.

Dear Timm, basically you say I cannot select memory modes with ACA1221lc?

We has some discussion here as well:
    ACA 1221lc command "acatool cpuoff" cannot disable card cpu

Jens said:

The ACA1221lc does not support switching off the CPU - instead, it supports 14MHz synchronous operation, which is equivalent to the 14MHz CPU of the A1200. This will leave fastmem active, and it will be cycle-exact with the original A1200 timing.

So I cannot select 14MHz synchronous operation and leave only FAST MEM without SLOW MEM region if I need to?

Please write me correct line of code, how do I select this "1 fastmem but no $C0 memory" and save to flash.

About remark you mentioned in other thread (CDROM).
    Please note that if I use 3com PCMCIA network card with 4mb/8mb fast RAM expansion bought for Amiga-store (in 4mb PCMCIA frendly mode), I have no problem booting and accessing this network card.
    When I boot with ACA1221lc I have this issue.

No CDROM in/on the machine, stock A1200. Why fast ram expansion gives no problem, but ACA does?

Most games that I throw in CDROM work correctly, can it be that these games require 68030 CPU as minimum requirement?
    For example, I tried loading T-Zero, it started OK, menus and intro sequences run, but crashed when entering the game. I later read that minimum for T-Zero is 68030 CPU.
    However, I tried "Tales from heaven", which minimum reqs say , it ran on my Amiga with ACA overclocked to 40. Really impressive.