ACA 1221lc command "acatool cpuoff" cannot disable card cpu

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I am running Acatool version 2.4 with ACA 1221lc

If I run in CLI:
    >acatool cpuoff

I get this response:
    >Card cannot disable/enable CPU.

I wanted to disable Card CPU and leave only FAST ram (certain locations) to test compatibility with some games (MYST, Aqua as I posted in thread before this one).

I need help and also instructions how to properly use MM=MEMMODE/K/N command and options.

Thank you.

• The ACA1221lc does not support switching off the CPU - instead, it supports 14MHz synchronous operation, which is equivalent to the 14MHz CPU of the A1200. This will leave fastmem active, and it will be cycle-exact with the original A1200 timing. This was a major development step for 68020 accelerators: To my knowledge, the ACA1221lc is the first 68020 card that can switch between async and sync clocking.

• So only thing I need to do is select that speed in Acatool? 14MHz

What about certain memory regions, how to properly use these:

"I need help and also instructions how to properly use MM=MEMMODE/K/N command and options." ?

• OK, thanks. I will just wait your colleague to help with proper usage of "MM=MEMMODE/K/N" CLI command. I want option to disable certain memory regions as stated in ACAtool help.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.