Posts by Phil

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.

I’m the thread starter of that VSync problem.

I can confirm on my A1200 with the AGA MK3 and S1933 this works also, very smooth scrolling games, demo’s and text.

I’m back home next Tuesday, I will take some pictures of my configuration if this can help you.

Edit: The Workbench is set to HighGFX (1024x768); for games and demos -> Pal HighRes 640x512. More news on Tuesday

Old thread from myself but I can confirm now all memory is working with kickstart 3.2 from Hyperion without any errors.

As Jens said earlier, it is not a hardware problem with the ACA1221LC.

Jens was right again :)

Warranty ID XT&r8 has not been returned to us. Please check with the parcel service that you have chosen for a proof of delivery.

Edit: Oops, that's not kajko's unit, just an example picture. I thought we finally have a warranty ID... so I went the long route and checked the delivery documentation for that invoice - warranty ID YT&Ky is here, waiting for parts to return from the assembly place - the CPLD on that unit needs to be exchanged, but the tray of CPLDs is currently at the assembly place because the A4000D/CD32 versions are in production. I hope to get the SMT parts back either late this week, or early next week, then your unit can be repaired.

yes Jens, it was just an example image to help kajko2 to find the warranty code. Maybe a tip for everyone, take a picture of your box so you have always the code with you. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes the 68030 runs pretty hot too. I've been running my A1200 with no trapdoor at all and also 1cm high rubber feet to help give it a bit more air circulation and I was happy with how it was running. However the Indi has changed all that. I'm running with no top shield now too and I will buy one of those fans off Amazon, they're only £13.50 and it looks like a perfect match looking at your photo. I like the fact that it is supposed to be very quiet too!

Would you mind showing a photo of where/how you powered it from please? Also how did you attach the fan to the Indi - glue? Is it blowing air upwards or downwards onto the chip?

It’s powered from the diskdrive connection from the mb, a connection with the yellow and black wire. Black goes to black of the fan and yellow to red of the fan. Those “connection things” (don’t know the name in English) from the fan to the wires of the drive are delivered with the Noctua fan. The diskdrive connection with the two extra wires can you made by yourself, I bought mine by AmigaKit.

The fan itself is just with a little tape on both sides on the Indivision (don’t want to break the guarantee rule of the Indi. Also some very small rubber feets placed under the fan.

It’s blowing the air upwards so it can cool a little bit the other parts.

Yes it's lovely and crisp - just very slightly squished vertically on a 16:9 display but I think I can live with it :)

Sounds like we have fairly similar setups, I have the Blizzard Mk4 030 (with the SCSI add-on) and 3.1.4. I tend to find that anything lower then 64 colours leads to my icons getting messed up after a period of time using workbench. Just tested Fblit and it's working correctly again... no idea what was happening with it earlier as it definitely wasn't working then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Had my A1200 on all day today and noticed some corruption on screen after several hours which suggests it is heat related. Thankfully it disappeared when I enabled the CCKLine Capacitance option. My Amiga gets very warm indeed with the Indi fitted though - it used to run pretty cool before. Do you find that to be the case too? Just a bit concerned that I might need a fan or something as I don't want to stress the board/chips given the age of the machine.

I placed a noctua a4x10 flx fan on top of the Indi and didn’t place the metal shield back on the Amiga. You can hear the fan a little when in use but it is the quietest I found. You must have a good psu to power it all. Therefore I bought the ca-psu from Jens.
    The Blizzard produce also some heat, the trapdoor I use is a honeycumb version.

I use the same screenmode but with a max of 32 colors, it's more than workable. More colors slows down the Amiga even with my Blizzard 1230 IV.

No problems with the FBlit on my Workbench 3.1.4.

Also to mention I use a Eizo S1933 monitor.

Some time ago I bought an Indivision AGA Mk3 to my Amiga 1200 but I don't like the appearance, that there is no backplate with it - it is open directly in to the Amiga, which looks ugly and probably gives more dust inside than desired. I have no 3D printer, nor do I know any that has one, but is there anywhere I can buy a backplate for this, with the HDMI as the output port?

Maybe this is what you search, I bought the VGA version.

https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/284187055073

Timm

Thanks Timm for the advice! :thumbup:

Works like a charm, scrolling is now so smooth, laced pictures without a black screen and not a black Workbench :)

Just perfect for my needs.

I will do the same with the Indi AGA MK3 on the A1200, I had no problem there with switching from different screenmodes, only the black screen on laced pictures.

Hi,

Because Jens asked to make a new thread, ( Display artifacts )here we go. Timm

I'm running my Workbench on a Pal HiRes Laced 640x512 at 50Hz with the ECS V2 config.

In my config I have 2 profiles, 1 for the Workbench and 1 for the games (640x512 Pal HiRes 50Hz). When I enable the V-Sync on the games-profile and apply this profile I get a black screen on my Workbench.

I just want to ask if it is possible to make a config that I don't get a black screen and can run the games, demo's with the V-Sync enabled.

Attached are some pictures and the config file from the ECS V2 (where the V-Sync isn't enabled this time)

We have 50Hz-compatible Eizo monitors that are capable of displaying V-Synced PAL screens. Scrolling is much smoother with them, compared to a monitor that can't sync to such a picture.

Hi Jens,

I can confirm there’s no lag in Pinball Fantasies and all other games and demo’s with Pal HiRes with the option V-Sync 50 Hz on the Eizo S1933.

I only have a problem with my Workbench screen that’s running on Pal HiRes Interlaced with the V-Sync. I get a black screen. I know that it is something with the lines the ECS V2 detect, can I make a profile that V-Sync also works on interlaced screens?

There’s a way around when I use the HighGFX for my Workbench, but that’s only a 4 color mode on the A500.

Use diskpart in Windows to clean your 8Gb CF card, Start your Amiga with only the bootcard, when your in the Workbench insert your cleaned 8Gb card in the Aux: slot.

You wil get a ndos icon, select this icon and format the card.

I did it with a 32Gb cf card without problems.

To use DiskPart to fix storage drive issues on Windows 10, use these steps:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
    3. Type the following command to run DiskPart and press Enter:

diskpart

4. Type the following command to list all the active drives and press Enter:

list disk

5. Type the following command to select the drive that you want to clean and press Enter:

select disk DISK-NUMBER

In the command, replace DISK-NUMBERwith the drive number you want to repair as it appears in the "Disk" column. If you do not perform this step correctly, you could erase the wrong drive. Proceed with caution.

6. Type the following command to wipe out the drive and press Enter:

clean

Yes, I had some horizontal glitches over the screen. Like I said it was only for 25 minutes but the Indivision was recognized this time. The CCK capacitor settings were not available in the software that time, they were added by a later update of the software.

That’s the CA-PSU, not the cheapest one but for me the best. I got a second one for my expanded A500. Works like a charm.

with the Commodore PSU the Indivision was never recognized, it was not possible to change a setting of the Indivision software and I got a lot of Guru Meditations. This PSU is never recapped, it was the light weight version, not the heavy A500 version.

With the Polish PSU I had some glitches but only for about 25 minutes. After these 25 minutes the PSU was blown up, I couldn’t try a second time! Never sent it back to that company because the high costs to sent it.

Now I’m working since August with the CA-PSU in HighGFX mode (1024x768) without any problems.

For me it solved the problems, that doesn’t mean it will solve your problems also. Try the CCK capacitor settings like Jens says. I didn't need it.