Indivision AGA 3 suggestion

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I am very interested in new Indivision AGA 3, I hope it will be available for buy soon..

Anyway, I have this suggetion that maybe is possible to implement or consider..

I am talking about the possiblity to turn on/off scanline overlay, something similar you can do in OSSC.

Its not necessery in Workbench because it can work in higher resolution, but that scanline overlay

helps a lot in lowres PAL resolution in games, so the pixelisation is not that significant..

Thanks for Your work

Mateusz

• The scanline feature has been switchable ever since we've introduced it. A simple trick to have WB not use the scanline feature is to run it in a screen mode other than PAL non-lace. You want to have more space on WB anyway, don't you :-)?

• The scanline feature has been switchable ever since we've introduced it. A simple trick to have WB not use the scanline feature is to run it in a screen mode other than PAL non-lace. You want to have more space on WB anyway, don't you :-)?

Thanks for reply.. I am not sure we are talking about the same, I was thinking about a scanline layer that could be overlayed with variable intensity on the final output just before display to help reducing pixelisation on old games, something like here: EXAMPLE

Low res games with that overlay looks much better..

By now I am using OSSC, it doesn't reduce interlace flickering unfortunately but have an .option to add that scanline overlay to imitate CRT screens..

Of course I didn't use Indivision so far, so I don't have any experience with it :)

• Of course I didn't use Indivision so far, so I don't have any experience with it

The main difference I see in your example link is that the brightness of the scanlines is very different. We have that exact feature, because just inserting black lines is causing the picture to be very dark. Our scanline feature allows setting the brightness of the inserted "darker" lines. MK2 uses 75%, 50% and 25% settings, and we may be able to improve on that with the new version, as the new FPGA has quite a few more multipliers. However, that's NOT on the current feature list - the prime goal is to get to the point where we have the same feature set as the MK2, but it appears like that's already covering what you're asking for.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.