Aca500 plus compatible with boobip Gary adapter

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi I have ordered a aca500 plus for my Amiga 500, currently I have the boobip expansion and Gary adapter giving me 1 mb chip mem and around 1.3mb slow mem . I take it I will have to remove the Gary adapter to avoid memory conflicts with the aca500, thanks Chris.

• I take it I will have to remove the Gary adapter to avoid memory conflicts with the aca500

Correct - the 1MB chip ram can be handled with the ACA500plus without such a Gary adapter. Only a 512k trapdoor mem expansion will be needed. Fastmem you'll have a plenty without that trapdoor slowmem-thing.

• Thanks will remove Gary adapter and new mem, might aw well put my old 512k trapdoor expansion back and sell the boobip, will I have to resolder jp2 that was cut for Gary adapter.

Cheers Chris

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.