Keyrah and C128

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello

In the shop it says:
    The Kerah can be made compatible with C128 by mounting

additional "connections". What are these additional connections?
    Where can I buy them?

Thanks

Chris

• For the C128D, it's just adding a DB25 connector which is available in almost any electronics parts store or online shop. If you want to connect a plain C128 keyboard, it's going to be a bit harder, as the pin spacing is exactly the same as a D-Sub connector, which is *very* unusual for pin headers. What I did for the deveopment version was to remove pins from the unsulator of a regular 0.1" pin header, plased them one by one in the C128 keyboard connector, then held that on the PCB and soldered it. You need to be very careful not to use too much solder, as the pins may get stuck in the connector forever :-)

• I did something similar, but I cut the pins, plastic and all, into individual pins, inserted them into the plug and into the PCB and then soldered them. Worked really well.

Hans

• Hi Hans

so have you connected the commodore 128 keyboard to the keyrah V3?

have you soldered the pins on the keyrah to connect the c128 keyboard (not D)

Right?

works?

• This is a rather old thread from before the Keyrah V3 release. However, the solder spots on the previous versions were similar, and you will be able to do the same thing on Keyrah V3. It's a proven method.

Jens

• Vorrei sapere, se compro il keyrah v3 e collego una tastiera c128 con saldatura, funzioneranno tutti i tasti con l'emulatore VICE?, anche i tasti "speciali" che il c64 non ha?

40/80 schermi

aiuto

Esc

alt

tastiera numerica

???

• I connected my Commodore 128 keyboard to the Keyrah 3.0 via a 25pin connector, but some keys don't match... am I doing something wrong?

• There is a Keyrah V3-specific keymap for VICE. Are you using that?

For the numeric keypad, disable the "Allow keyset joysticks" setting in VICE. Please see page 19 of the full manual.

Jens

• these are the keys that don't match:

pressing pound corresponds to cursor down

pressing up arrow corresponds to =

pressing = corresponds to up arrow

shift lock doesn't work

the "grey" keys do not match

the "white" cursor direction keys only work down and right, if pressed with shift they do not work up and left

esc, tab, alt and caps lock if pressed they are equivalent to the function keys f1 f3, f5, f7 if pressed with shift f2,f4,f6,f8

and the other gray keys also do not match......

obviously on vice i have set the positional keyboard and on the keyrah the power button is positioned in the center

• Ok, I found the GTK files for the Keyrah, but not all the keys work...

Am I doing something wrong?

is it possible to remap and upgrade the Kayrah for the C128?

I specifically bought the Keyrah to use the Commodore 128 keyboard with the VICE emulator, but it doesn't work...

• good morning,

now after reading the manual regarding the commodore128 keyboard and having done various tests by selecting the various vkm everything works.