Boot issues

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Tobias

Changed the title of the thread from “Where can I post support req for C-One FPGA board?” to “Boot issues”.
  • moved the post into a seperate forum. please keep in mind that the C-One is long out of production and we can only give very limited support.

Also in case of problems, make sure to read the wiki pages :)

• First thing I had in mind was a missing CPU/RAM daughter card, but I can see that on the video. Check if that's sitting properly in the slot, maybe clean the contacts, move it back&forth, don't push all the way in, but pull a few mils out.

Also, I can see that the board does not have the FPGA extender. I completely forgot if the "new startup" that you're trying to load requires the Extender or not. It's very likely that it's required, as the new startup came with the new cores that were written for the FPGA extender.

• First thing I had in mind was a missing CPU/RAM daughter card, but I can see that on the video. Check if that's sitting properly in the slot, maybe clean the contacts, move it back&forth, don't push all the way in, but pull a few mils out.

Also, I can see that the board does not have the FPGA extender. I completely forgot if the "new startup" that you're trying to load requires the Extender or not. It's very likely that it's required, as the new startup came with the new cores that were written for the FPGA extender.

According to this page, the Newboot image does not require the FPGA extender.

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/C-One#Newboot

"Newboot is the new C-One startup core. Newboot brings a completely new life to your C-One - no matter if you have the FGPA extender card or not. Why should you upgrade? ..."

Is that not the case? Thanks.

bp

• If I wrote it at the time, it must be right. The requirement is then (most likely) that with an extender, you do need the new startup, otherwise there's no piece of software to configure the third FPGA.

So go ahead and clean the connector of the CPU/RAM board. This is the most likely source of trouble - as far as I can remember (and I don't have any C-One setup to verify with), the new startup uses the 128k memory to re-configure FPGA images. If access to that is not working properly, the FPGA image for the 1k30 will be lost in the config process.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.