X-Surf-100 and TF534

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • It must tamper with autoconfig.

As i have an A2000 that has the ACE2B card in the Agnus. It has an 8mb Ram card. It has 2x BuddhaIDE 20th Aniversary Edition Cards with cf adapters and a cdrom. And an Xsurf100 card. This machine had a TF536 card in it and all worked fine. Running OS3.2.2 with a 3.2.1 Romchip.

I took the TF536 out to use in another machine. And whilst i am looking for another Accelerator for this A2000. I thought i would put the TF534 in there for the time being.

It wouldnt boot at all. I took out the Buddha cards. The ram card and eventually the Xsurf card.

The Xsurf being the card it wont play with. I have reinstalled all the other cards and the machine works fine. Install the Xsurf it tries to access the Buddha cards then locks up. Remove the Xsurf back to working again.

Hope this helps

• Hope this helps

Only in a way that I have to say "TF534 is not properly developed and not properly tested either". The X-Surf-100 has been on the market since 2013, it's a widely-used card and I haven't had any reports of problems - until the DIY-project TF534 appeared.

To my knowledge, the TF534 is open-source. Check the data strobes - they are key to a properly-working Zorro bus. Not sure if it's possible to correct that detail in a convoluted design of async clocks and clock stretching, but that's where I'd look for the fault. I once saw a video where the person who did that contraption described how he makes a CDTV accelerator, and I seriously checked the video date for being April 1st for all the nonsense he was babbling.

Please do not expect me to make anything out of your bug report, other than staying with my recommendation to not use the TF534 with any other expansion.

Jens

• You take my comment the wrong way Jens. I am simply stating. At the first comment. "Has anybody tried the TF534 with a Xsurf100 in an A2000.

I have tried it and it does not work with the Xsurf100. I have a couple of A2000`s with Xsurf100 cards in them. I have various machines with a large variety of components. The Xsurf100 is a very good network card and works with most other Components that i add into these machines.

So as information only to the first person posting. The answer is NO the TF534 does not play with the Xsurf100. It does work with the BuddhaIDE, The ACE2B, 8mb Ramcard. So whatever the TF534 is configuring to is conflicting with the settings of the Xsurf100. So it doesnt work.

Now the TF536 works with the Xsurf100 and all the other cards that i have mentioned.

The Xsurf100 and the BuddhaIDE do work with a PIStorm. I have tried this and it works fine. It also works with the Rapidroad plugged into the Xsurf100. But then the PIStorm will not play with GVP HC+8 SeriesII REVII Scsi card or a commodore A2090 scsi card.

So please dont take offence when all i am trying is to help others that ask a question. If i have an answer. I like to help.

• Thanks for the clarification - indeed, I didn't look at the first posting and didn't see that you were answering the first one, not adding to the request.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.